When a Man Loves a Woman

Carrots? Has anyone seen any carrots? The plot bunny attacked and well, you all are going to reap the benefits. NEW STORY! I've been writing some pretty heavy stuff lately and well, I'm going to lighten it up a bit. It's not going to be a humorous story (though there will be some funny bits) but it will be romantic. Some drama...some light angst (there needs to be some sort of conflict or it wouldn't be worth reading, kids).

Chapter Ten: When a Man Loves a Woman

EPOV

Bella loves me. She said that she loves me! I love her too. This has been the most wonderful birthday. I never want it to end. I just want to take my girl in my arms and never let her go. She loves me!

"Baby, you're spacing out," Bella quipped as she folded up the blanket from our picnic.

"Sorry, just thinking back from when you said you loved me," I smirked. "I'm still in shock."

"Don't be, Edward," she said as she crossed over to me, wrapping her arms around my bare chest. We had just spent an hour and a half in the lagoon but were getting ready to head back to my villa. "You're easy to love."

I bent down and captured her lips with mine, pouring all of my love, affection and devotion to this woman into our kiss. She moaned, snaking her hands up my body and tangling them into my rapidly drying hair. My hands found their way to her ass, lifting her up. Bella's legs wrapped around my waist and she clung to me for dear life, all while darting her tongue with mine. She pulled away, panting heavily but I couldn't stop kissing her. My mouth moved to her neck, suckling lightly on her fragrant skin. "Bella," I murmured against her flesh. "I love you so much, gorgeous."

"Fuck," she breathed, wiggling her body against mine. I could feel her heat through her tiny jean shorts. "Edward, I love you, too but if you don't stop, I'm going to impale myself on your schlong."

I pulled back and arched a brow at her. "My schlong?"

She wiggled again and my dick twitched at her taunting movements. I blushed, gently putting her on her feet. "Come on, birthday boy," she said as she handed me my shirt. "We're going to head back to your place. You get to take a nap while I make you dinner. I've got a special treat for you for dessert."

"You plus a bottle of whipped cream?" I quipped.

"Maybe later," she said, kissing my cheek. We finished cleaning up the picnic, loading what we could into my backpack. What didn't fit in there, we left at the lagoon. Bella sent a text to Jasper, asking him to pick up the sound dock and picnic basket. Once we were cleaned up, Bella put on the backpack, handing me the keys to the bike. "I know I'm going to get lost, baby. You drive us back."

I nodded and put on Bella's helmet, followed by my own. She scrambled onto the bike. I followed suit. Her arms eagerly wrapped around my waist and I took off like a shot, heading back to my villa. I drove faster than Bella on the motorcycle. I could tell that she was slightly freaking out based on how tightly she was gripping my waist. However, I was a safe driver, like her. Besides, she was the most precious cargo. I'd do nothing to hurt her, intentionally.

Unintentionally was a different story. I'm just waiting for my past to explode in her face. We were lucky with Rhiannon. I just know that Victoria or Zafrina are going to come back to torture me.

Stupid, Cullen. You are such a fucking MORON!

I needed to stop dwelling on what could happen and focus on the happiness I'm feeling now. I could do that. I had to do that. It was the fixation on the sins of the past that got me into trouble in the first place. I fucked around because of my broken heart. Not anymore.