✦ ✧ s e v e n

[ day three ]

so this is the real view from the top.

after six races, all ending up with both boys gasping for breath and leaving them with wobbly knees, eight breaks that tobio had insisted on, and lots of dedication, the peak was finally theirs to stand upon.

the sun still hung in the sky, clouds dotting the blue as if a painter had spilled white paint onto his blue canvas.

the view was truly incredible. shouyo stood there with his mouth hanging open while tobio was bent over, one hand resting on his knee as he panted.

"look, kageyama! the view is amazing, you have to look at it! look, look, look!"

thoroughly annoyed, the boy lifted his head and straightened out his body as he looked out off of the peak. his small companion was correct — it was beautiful.

one could see for miles at this elevation, and suddenly tobio's annoyance faded away. he looked over to shouyo who had finally closed his awe-ajar mouth and was now taking pictures as if the world would fall apart if he didn't capture everything.

though it certainly wasn't his strong suit, tobio enjoyed photography, and took out his phone to take some pictures as well. he was overwhelmed by the stunning beauty of the scene in front of him.

shouyo turned his head, joy evident on his face. "isn't it great?"

even stoic tobio couldn't deny how excited he was to witness this. though his face showed nothing but boredom, his heart was beating like it did after a perfect set, and butterflies tumbled like crazy in his stomach.

what is this feeling?

he looked at shouyo, who had now put his photo equipment away and was gazing out at the scenery.

he's as bright as the sun.

it wasn't until they were about half way down the seemingly everlasting trek to the bottom of the mountain that tobio realized how far behind him shouyo was.

"hey, we don't have all day. hurry your ass up, hinata dumbass," tobio scoffed.

"shut up, stupid," shouyo said halfheartedly, not picking up his pace and slumping as he walked.

tobio whirled around and grabbed shouyo by his clammy hand, shocking shouyo to the bone. tobio slowly turned back around, still gripping shouyo's hand from behind.

hey, this looks familiar...

shouyo, with his unoccupied hand, grabbed his phone and opened the camera, aiming it so that his hand that was being pulled along, tobio's hand that was dragging him, and tobio's upper body were all in the picture.

it was cute, shouyo decided. he would send it to sugawara later.

they had finally made it back down the mountain, sweaty and tired. the sun was high in the sky, maybe close to setting, and the two could not have been more pleased and satisfied. shouyo took out his phone and proceeded to select the contact that read "suga-san!!! ⭐️"

attachment : me

suga-san!!! ⭐️ : wow
is that kageyama??

yeah haha isn't he the sweetest : me

suga-san!!! ⭐️ : i guess
so haha :)) so how is
america?? what are u guys
doing??

america is so cool! : me

suga-san!!! ⭐️ : yeah
haha it sure seems like it
:)) but really what have u
guys been doing?? ur getting
along ok right??

yeah! no fights yet : me

& yeah we've done a lot : me

just got done hiking a mountain ! : me

suga-san!!! ⭐️ : yay
so glad!! have fun :))
i'll ttyl?

okay haha!! ttyl sugaaa : me

shouyo closed his phone. he always loved talking to sugawara, he always seemed to have something nice and supporting to say.

only one thing unnerved shouyo — why didn't sugawara find shouyo holding hands with tobio at least a bit weird?

he pushed that thought out of his head and turned his attention to the atrocious song on the radio that tobio, who was now driving was tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to.

"where to now, hinata?"

"somewhere to get food! im so hungry!"

another short chapter rip. can you guys tell what's happening with hina & kags yet? ;)
also tell me how you guys liked the texting format yikes. i like it but im not sure if it's easy to understand or not.
also, im thinking about doing some one shots?? tell me what you guys think about that :))
thanks for reading!!
( also, PLEASE CHECK MY CONVERSATION BOARD - the last two posts :)) thank u )