✦ ✧ s i x

[ day three ]

"ka-ge-ya-ma!" shouyo cheered, jumping in the air while gathering the fabric of the curtains in his hands.

"rise and shine! we have a big day," he continued, sunlight as bright as his smile pouring into the dark room, patches of the carpeted floor bathed in the golden light.

tobio as much as groaned.

"i will not stand for this laziness, you big oaf! get up," shouyo complained, stomping grumpily over to where tobio lie as stiff as a board.

a perplexed expression came upon the shorter of the two, looking down at tobio who had successfully burrowed underneath the white covers with the skill of a rabbit.

shouyo smirked and grabbed handfuls of the covers, then forcefully yanked, exposing a surprised tobio who looked just as irritated as shouyo felt.

"come on, grump! we've got a big day ahead of us," he said, bouncing away and sitting on the small countertop their room had in it. it was a minuscule room. two beds and the most pathetic kitchen in the history of pathetic kitchens. it had a microwave and a mini fridge and a countertop.

"what do you mean, a big day? we haven't planned anything," tobio mumbled, his voice husky and gruff. shouyo blushed and wiggled where he sat.

"well, it has come to my attention that you take very long showers, kageyama-kun."

tobio turned as red as a beet when the formality was added to his name, then shook his head. "yeah? what's your point?"

"you know how i was talking to kenma? last night? when you took your eon long shower?"

"yeah, about that —"

"ah! let me finish! we talked about things we could do today, yeah? well, he wasn't much help but anyways, i finally had the bright idea that we could go hiking! we're in Nevada after all, it's known for its mountains," shouyo said, obviously very proud in his idea.

"hiking? hinata, that's —"

"yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. we leave in twenty minutes. hurry your butt up!"

"okay, where'd you say this place is?"

"oh, i don't know," shouyo replied with nonchalant.

tobio nearly had a stroke.

"what the hell do you mean that you don't know? you dumbass! you're not supposed to get on the road if you don't know what the fuck you're doing!"

"fine, fine, just stop yelling!" shouyo complained as he dug his phone out of his back pocket, already looking up "bristlecone loop hiking trail directions".

"you're the worst at planning," tobio muttered, not looking away from the road as shouyo excitedly and eagerly tapped on his phone.

disregarding the rude comment from tobio beside him, he began to speak.
"okay, great! it's only 45 or so minutes away from here. not bad at all,"

"yeah, for you," tobio grumbled. "you get to look at all the pretty scenery while i get to stare at the road."

"oh, yamayama-kun, are you jealous?"

for the second time of the car ride, tobio came close to a stroke.

the two stood there, gaping in awe of what stood before them. shouyo looked as excited as a puppy going to play in the park, whilst tobio could already feel how tired he was going to be later.

as shouyo hopped around and snapped pictures, tobio couldn't help but think to himself about how... adorable his partner looked.

no, tobio thought to himself. cute is not a word for describing that thing. annoying. loud. bossy. dramatic. i could go on, but he's anything but cute.

tobio's inner dialogue/argument gave him a perplexed expression. his midnight eyes squinted and his eyebrows drew together. if it was even possible, his frown seemed to get only worse.

"kageyama? are you even listening to me?"

"huh? oh, yeah," he said, sheepishly glancing around at the scenery.

"really? then what did i just say?" shouyo said, stomping his foot in the dirt and sending up a dusty cloud.

when tobio answered with nothing but silence, shouyo smirked.

"i said, im gonna beat you to the top of that damn mountain," and he was gone, leaving the dumbfounded setter behind.

distraught at a loss for words, tobio straightened himself out and took off after the bobbing red blob that was beating him.

oh my gOD. im sorry about the horrible/late update. this is such shit. im embarrassed to even be pushing this out to you guys!
if you haven't already, PLEASE go check my CONVERSATION BOARD on my page. it's important that you look at the MOST RECENT POST. it regards this story and if you don't read it, you will probably be lost throughout the rest of the story. it's in all caps because it's important!
ily all! thanks for reading :))