✦ ✧ t w o

[ day one ]

"whoa, kageyama! look how big this place is! it's so white! and pretty! and —"

"could you shut up for five minutes while i try to find the currency exchange?"

"so rude!"

"that's not what i call shutting up, dumbass."

as tobio and shouyo dragged their small suitcases behind them in silence, they looked at the signs above them, trying to find currency exchange.

"found it," said tobio, letting his bag stand by itself with the handle still sticking out. "stay here, would you? don't run off, don't do anything stupid. watch the bags, too."

shouyo rolled his eyes dramatically and shifted so he was (sassily) poking out a hip. "do you really think that im that irresponsible?"

"yes," tobio deadpanned, his expression unchanging much to the middle blocker's dismay. rolling his eyes, he went up to the currency exchange station leaving shouyo with the bags.

"wow, kageyama! im starving. can we eat? what's an in-n-out? that place looks good, let's eat there!" shouyo jumped around, his exhaustion from earlier completely gone and replaced with an adventurous spirit.

"he wants to discover and see everything," tobio thought to himself, a ghost of a smile spreading across his usually stoic face. "and we're still only in the airport."

everything felt surreal. for the next few days, they would be embarking upon a journey across a foreign country.

"kageyama?" asked shouyo, looking up at his friend with pleading eyes, ripping tobio from his thoughts.

"what?" the tall boy replied, annoyance lacing through his voice.

"i have to go to the bathroom."

"no, you don't."

"kageyama, i really do."

"you're such a pain."

"thanks," shouyo grumbled, looking around for bathroom signs.

"over there!" he cheered, a bit too over enthusiastic. after all, it's just a bathroom. the shorter of the two began walking towards the bathrooms at a remarkable speed with his suitcase rolling along behind him.

"it's kinda cute," tobio said to himself, leaning up against the wall by the bathrooms, waiting for shouyo. "the way he excites himself over everything."

"he's not cute, he's an annoying little shit," tobio said aloud, shaking his head in annoyance at himself, and slightly blushing. his stomach twisted at the thought of blushing over shouyo.

"who's an annoying little poop? don't say that word by the way. you're so vulgar! you'll get in trouble for that someday," shouyo rambled, coming out of the bathroom and assuming position by tobio and leaning up against the wall, resting his head. tobio simply rolled his eyes, sighing, and then pushed himself off the wall.

"grab your bag, let's get our car and get the hell out of here," he grumbled, already walking away and not caring whether or not shouyo could hear him or keep up with him.

"language, kageyama!"

after getting on the shuttle bus, getting off at the wrong spot, getting back on, finally making it to the rental area, getting the keys, they finally were able to get in the car.

"wow. this car is huge! why'd you get such a big one? there's only two of us, y'know?"

"well, we're gonna need a place to sleep," tobio explained, gesturing to the backseat where there was a large bench seat with room enough for one person to lay on.

shouyo nodded in understanding, then pointed out the window with his finger.

"the car is so tall, too! it's like a double decker bus," he marveled, looking around the car rental's parking garage.

"well, let's go," tobio finally said, pulling out of the parking spot and finally out of the parking garage, into the world.

ahh. ive already decided that this story is going to be very difficult to right, as ive only seen most of the east coast and a bit of the west (the california coast and colorado), so please please please tell me if i make any mistakes! it will be greatly appreciated. ily all, and don't forget to leave a vote and a comment :)