"Why were you so generous? You worked hard to earn that money," Tristan said, curious. On the rare occasion that he had seen a beggar receive money, it was usually only one coin - if that - not the handful that Rose had given away.

"They needed it more than I do," Rose said with a shrug. Tristan gazed at her in wonder. Was she truly so selfless that she would give away precious money because she did not need it as much?

"You amaze me," he murmured quite honestly. Rose's cheeks turned a faint pink as she clutched her flowers close to her.

"I did not do anything amazing." There she went again, being modest and innocent. Did she truly not realise how incredible she was? His heart pounded at the thought. She was incredible. She was kind, selfless, humble, loyal, and passionate.

She would make the perfect Queen, Tristan thought to himself. He longed to tell her just what he thought about her, to tell her that she was beautiful and perfect. He wanted to hold her and spend his every moment with her. The force of his desire surprised him.

"We should continue," Tristan finally said, drawing himself out of his thoughts. It would not do to scare Rose away with a confession of his admiration.

"Of course," Rose answered. Tristan guided her forward with one hand.

They left the edge of the town and walked towards a field. Rose was frowning, Tristan supposed she had realised where they were going. As the field grew nearer, small structures came into view. They were plain and dull, but important to many beyond belief.

Gravestones.

~

Rose stopped walking when they reached the field. She did not know how to feel, but grief for her lost friends and family immediately crushed her.

"Why have you brought me here?" She asked Tristan, forcing back her emotions. Tristan raised his hands and held her shoulders gently.

"I do not want you to be sad," he began. Rose looked away from his eyes; she wanted to leave before she lost the fight with her tears. "I know you could not find out where your friend Tilly was buried," he continued. Rose flinched. Why had he brought up such painful memories?

"Yes," she confirmed softly.

"I could not bear the thought of you never being able to visit her grave. I did some searching for information. I, too, could not find the place where she was buried. I wish I had found out, but no one seemed to know. Perhaps we will never know. There may not be a place where you can visit her - but there is a place that you can remember her. Follow me," Tristian murmured, dropping his hands from her shoulders.

Rose followed hesitantly. He led her to the fringe of the field where a beautiful tree was blooming, displaying bright pink flowers. Tilly's favourite colour. How had he known? Next to the tree, under the shadow of its branches was another gravestone. But this gravestone was not like the others. It was not grey or dull without detail. It was a vibrant, polished white that shone in the sunlight. Rose gasped at the sight of it.

On the stone was an engraved eulogy that brought tears to Rose's eyes.

In memory of Tilly Edwards,
who was brave, joyful, and strong.
Taken from us too soon,
may her name never be forgotten.

Underneath the eulogy was an engraved image of birds flying, then in flowing script: He sees every sparrow that falls.

Rose did cry then. It was the most beautiful grave and it did perfect justice to Tilly.

"You did this?" Rose asked Tristan through her tears. Tristan nodded.

"I had it commissioned. She may have only been a beggar, but that does not mean she did not deserve a proper memorial." Rose held her hand up to her heart as she gazed at the grave. Tristan had done all this just for her, all because he knew that Tilly was important to her. She had never met someone so thoughtful. Her heart seemed to bloom inside her chest as she was once again met with the unexpected kindness of the Prince.