Chapter 9 - Richard Is After Me

Forgotten

Chapter 9 - Richard Is After Me

.

I sit next to Aaron the next morning, but I dont talk to him much. I don't talk to them on the table. I know Michael is sitting a couple seats away but I don't look because my chest hurts if I do. It feels wrong and... I didn't know how to make it stop. I didn't know much about mates.

They didn't make waffles, I loved waffles. They made pancakes this time and I liked these too. I used the fork now, but I didn't eat a lot because Will and Jamie and Mia weren't able to taste them. I'd eat a lot again when they were all here. Viktor said they would help all of them. Did that mean they would stay here, too?

I didn't know.

I bring the piece of pancake to my mouth and shove it all in, listening to what they were saying. I was looking down and I wasn't exactly ignoring them but I didn't want to talk today. It was strange the things they talked about. So many things that left me confused, but I didn't know what they did so it made sense.

August, I knew his voice now, laughs as Dexter chokes on something they called a bannana and I frown at my plate as they all snorted. Even though their talking is a little hesitant, I still don't understand what exactly they were saying. It must be weird because they settled into an awkward silence before Dexter talked about school and college- which left me even more confused.

After I finish eating, Ollie practically herds me into what he called a game room and I'm left stunned at the inside. There was just... I didn't even know what to look at. I stand there for a couple of minutes, watching August and Dexter immediately head to what they called a pool table. Michael and his brother also followed, with a guy they called Hansel. Even if I felt him looking at me, Michael didn't come close to me and I was glad- a little. Only because Aaron wouldn't like seeing me with him.

Ollie leads me to a big black screen and sits me on one of the couches before tossing me a controller, while he turned on the screen. I stare at it in wonder- we didn't have those with Richard. I'd never seen one of those before. "We're gonna play some zombies" he states while dropping beside me with a sigh and smile.

"Zombies?" I question.

Ollie grins, "They're dead people. That came back and want to eat you" he laughs at my horrified face and turns to the screen, "It's really easy. Trust me, you're going to enjoy this."

Dexter and Ollie ended up playing because I didnt know what the hell was going on. August had also joined and he and Dexter took turns, apparently trying to beat Ollie because he was a 'freaking gaming master.' I didn't enjoy it at all, didn't enjoy sitting between them as they jumped and shouted, laughed and cursed. It was bearable, but I didn't exactly enjoy it.

So when the screen said game over, I slid away and walked around the game room, studying everything else they had set up. I was walking around without thinking and I accidentally bump into a solid chest, stumbling back in surprise at the sight of Jefferson. I had to look up at him a little and he takes a step back when my heart races.

"Cody, right?" he mutters and clears his throat. "I just wanted to apologize... you know... about a couple days ago. There's been plenty of rogues before and I thought you were one and..."

"It's okay" I frown, clutching the sleeves along my wrists with my fingers.

He rubs the back of his neck, "So we're good? With you being mated with my brother and all..." he trailed off when I just stare at him. He winces, "You know you don't have to listen to Aaron, right? I mean, he's your brother and all and he's probably the only one that helped you at first, but you have many friends now. You want to do something for yourself, you do it. Don't ask permission. It is your life, after all."