Chapter 8 - First Kiss?

Start from the beginning

He practically jumps in his seat, lurching up and nodding so hard my own neck hurt at the sight. "Yes! Of course! Extra cheese?" I nod carefully as he nods even more and walks backwards to the door. "Okay! Yeah. Sure! I'll go tell them right away! You just... just stay and I'll... I'll be right back!"

Then he's gone and I stare at the door in confusion. Slowly, my eyes go to the very small group of people left and Michael's eyes move to me, his voice trailing off as he spoke to his brother. They seem to burn through me and I lower my eyes, peeking up at him with a shaky inhale. He seemed to get what I was doing because he starts to walk to me- very slowly- and my heart jumps even more. Then he stops by the table and places his palms on it, sending a tremor through me at his proximity.

Yes, his powerful aura was thick and heavy and terrifying.

But the tingling in my gut seemed to overpower my fear and left behind a fluttery feeling through my veins.

I peek up at him and lick my lips as his intense eyes study me, draw me in and drown me in nothing but their beautiful brown. God, he was beautiful. Even more so up close and his scent- my lungs explode with his fresh and masculine scent. And the heat that his body gave off- it made me feel as if I'd never be warm ever again if it wasn't with him.

I shudder beneath his gaze and swallow the nervous lump in my throat, "Can..." I whisper and my breathing hitches out of nowhere. God, he was looking at me and I couldn't even think! Viktor said this man was important to me- or that he would be. Was that true? It felt like it... like it was true and my chest ached, but in a good way. "Your name?" I ask softly and lower my head, "How do you write it?"

He doesn't say anything for a while and I tense a little when he reaches out, only for me to feel heat on my cheeks when he grabs my pencil. "Michael" he says, his voice absolutely warm and deep and... husky. I watch as he writes his name out on my paper naming the letters before handing me my pencil. I look up at him and offer a small smile. Over his shoulder, I see his brother talking to his friends so I turn back to Michael and shiver.

"I'm Cody" I say nervously, watching the way his muclscles bunched beneath his shirt. Why did I say that?! He already knew that!

"Oh, I know, little one" he says, voice being affected a little by the twitch of the edge his lips. My eyes travel up his throat and to his lips, my mouth suddenly watering. Kiss him. For once, the voice at the back of my mind scared me to the core. I was not going to kiss him! "Your name I wouldn't forget- ever" he continues, straightening to cross his arms.

My heart lurches at the thought of him leaving and my mind scrambles to find something- anything- to say. Just say something! "You have a twin, too?" I ask and feel my cheeks darken.

Michael scoffs, "As if. I have enough with the little bastard over there" he says, looking at his brother over his shoulder. "Besides, I wouldn't handle two of me."

Okay, then. I bite my lower lip and try to write the M of his name, but my hand was shaking and I gasp sharply when he moves, his front to the back of my chair before his strong, warm hand covers mine, ceasing my trembling. I swallow as his long fingers squeeze mine and even if I was stiff in my seat, heat coursed through me as he led my hand to the paper. Then I stare in wonder when he uses my hand and starts to write his name, which comes out so much better than I ever would.

He writes his name twice before letting my hand go and I write his name, much more calmer than before- and it looked pretty darn good. I jump in my seat, smiling widely at the final product and turn my head over my shoulder to tell him I did it only to freeze at the sight of his face just inches from mine. I think I stop breathing, my heart in my ears as I look at his eyes before down to his mouth.