Before I went to the kitchen I made sure Solange was almost ready to go. We have like fifteen minutes before we have to leave so we can be on time. I cannot be late today because I won't play if I am. Coach has been crackin' down on us a lot more lately.

"What are you eatin'?" My Mama asked as soon as she entered the kitchen. I was sittin' at the kitchen room table eatin' a bowl of Fruit Loops. I was almost done.

"Fruit Loops." I answered.

"Oh. Is your sister ready for school?"

"Almost."

"Are you wearin' your team stuff to school?"

I looked at her blankly. Where has she been lately? I always wear my warm up on game day. "I'm supposed to wear it. It's game day."

"Oh." She replied nonchalantly then opened the fridge. I guess she's about to start breakfast for the daycare.

"My game starts at five thirty."

"Okay."

"Are you comin'?"

"No." She answered dryly, as if she didn't even care that I even played a sport and had a game today.

"Why not?" Feelin' kinda sad, I asked. "You can come at half time and watch me play."

"I have to work at the restaurant, Beyoncé." She told me like I was botherin' her or something.

"Can't you call in sick? Or tell them you're havin' a family emergency?"

"Are you gonna pay the rent and bills?" Wit' an attitude she asked me.

"It's just one day, Mom."

"I can't miss work just to watch you play. I'll go to the next one."

"Yeah, that's what you always say." I mumbled lookin' into my bowl of milk.

"Well, look!" She kinda snapped. "I have to work!"

"Okay, Mom." I got up from the table because I didn't wanna be around her and I actually finished my cereal. I drank some of the milk then poured the rest down the drain. After washin' my spoon and bowl, I went back to my room to get my stuff.

"I'm ready!" Solange said meetin' me halfway in the hallway. She closed her door and I ran to my room to my backpack and basketball bag.

School was school. I got through my assignments quickly as I always did. When I finished, I was given permission to listen to my music. I had my Drebeats on for majority of the day. Durin' nutrition break and lunch, I posted up in the quad wit' the squad. The boys team, too. It was lowball lit, because it was all of the teams there. Both girl's and boy's Freshmen, JV, and Var basketball. We were all dressed in our warm ups. We were in our own world, especially me. All of our games aren't home games, just JV boys, and var boys and girls.

When school ended, we just lingered around until it was time to head the gym. We always watched the JV game to support. Towards the end of the game, the girls headed to the locker room to suit up. As I was changin' into my Nike sports bra, compression shorts, and socks, I was listenin' to my Kendrick Lamar playlist. His music puts me in the mood. Like every other game day, I ate the oranges and apples that coach provided us wit'.

When my fruit was gone, I threw the plastic bowl in the trash. Time to get dressed, for real for real. I first put my shorts on then tied the draw string. Carefully, I pulled my jersey over my head. I didn't want to mess my hair up. I finished my apparel with the warm ups.