Chapter 5 ~ Memories & Snow

Start from the beginning

"I wouldn't stop wishing though Ella, because if I did, I think I would get lost without something to hold on to, you know what I mean?".

She turned to me nodding once before standing up, "Yea I do".

She made her way over to the small window seat and sat down bringing her knees up to her chest, "When I was living, I would sit here all the time and just watch the world go by".

She glanced at me before leaning her head back against the wall.

"Wait.....this use to be your room?".

She nodded, "Yep, I decorated it all by myself, that was the day my parents told me I was adopted".

My eyes widened in shock as I stood up, "What?!......You were....?".

She nodded once again, "Yea, I wasn't mad at them one bit, I was thankful to them for taking me in and giving me a loving home and family, a thing I always dreamed about when I was in the orphanage".

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your biologic parents?".

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, I've been in that orphanage since I can remember, I was told my biologic mother had given me up when I was two days old, the only thing I had of her was the locket that was in my basket when I was taken to the orphanage, and for some reason, when I was old enough I put it on and never took it off".

I watched as she pulled a necklace from under her top, she motioned me to come closer and have a look which is exactly what I did.

The locket was beautiful, something you would never dream of losing.

"It's beautiful, did you ever try and get in touch with your birth parents?".

She shook her head, "No, obviously they didn't want me and I was happy here, Maira and Jordan were my parents and they always will be".

I smiled and nodded, "Of course, but wasn't there just a tiny bit of you that wondered why they gave you up?".

"Oh yea, all the time, maybe they just couldn't be bothered with me, or it could have been serious, like maybe they gave me up to protect me or give me a better life? I don't know and now i'll never find out".

"So, you feel guilty for not trying to reach them?".

She sighed deeply, "Maybe, I don't know".

I thought about it for a second, "Well, maybe I can try to find them".

Ella frowned as she turned her body to face me, "What? How would you do that?".

"Well, do you know where your birth certificate is?".

"In the attic with my other belongings".

"OK and is your birth parents names on it?".

She shrugged, "I don't know, I've never seen it, I didn't want to to be honest".

I nodded, understanding where she was coming from, "I could always look if you want me to Ella?"

She just looked at me and I could tell she was deep in thought.

"I don't know Harry, I need to think about it first, I mean once I find out who my birth parents are it might change the way I think and I'm not sure if I want that".

I nodded, again understanding what she means, "OK, but if you change your mind you know where I am".

She smiled slightly, "Thanks Harry, you know, I really wish I could of met you when I was alive".