Chapter 4: You're my everything

I apply a layer of pink lip gloss onto my lips, running my fingers through my curled hair one more time before heading out of my room. It’s the twenty-seventh and Noah’s birthday is in two days. I have everything I wanted to get him, excluding one gift, which is pretty much the second biggest, and that is an iPod. About a month ago his headphone jack broke off inside his phone, and there was no way to get it out, and the phone was fairly new, about six months so he wasn’t going to buy a new one, and being the dummy he is, he didn’t get the extended warranty. Lately he’s just been stealing my phone a lot since we share an iTunes account meaning we obviously have the same music.

I was going to get him a touch, but decided against it since there’s really no point of having a touch and an iPhone, so I settled on the new nano.

To keep Noah busy today, Drake, Blake, Ryan, Dylan and Cole are going to take him out on like a guy’s day. I honestly have no idea what that means, because like what do guys do when they’re together? I actually have a list of things I need to get done other than the presents. I still have to order a cake, and do all the party things. And at like four, Olivia, Sam, Taylor and I are going to go to early dinner. It’s twelve now if you wanted to know.

I head into the living room where all the boys are hanging out, excluding Cole, since he’s late, but that’s not too surprising since he’s pretty late for everything. Kind of funny though since he only lives like a ten minute drive away.

“I’m heading out.” I announce to Noah, adjusting the strap of my purse.

“Okay, see you at five?” He questions, coming towards me. I nod as he gets to me, wrapping an arm around me, he pulls me close pressing his lips to mine in a short, sweet kiss. He let’s go pressing one more kiss to my cheek.

“Bye!” I call out to everyone, accepting the chorus of ‘byes’ I get back. I walk to Taylor’s just walking in since the door is unlocked to see her right in front of the door, pulling her shoes on.

“Oh hey.” I greet, getting over my initial shock, it’s kind of scary opening a door to have someone right outside of it.

“Hi.” She addresses, pulling on her black platform sandal. We’re honestly so opposite, her in leather shorts with a grey cropped one-shoulder top. Me in my floral dress and pink toms. “So where to first?” She inquires, turning around and pulling the front door close, sticking the key in the key hole.

“I’m thinking Costco first for the cake, then target, then the mall.” I suggest and she nods along, us both walking to the stairs, instead of using the elevator, because we both know how crappy they can get on Fridays.

We’re in the parking level within five minutes, and at her car in another few. I don’t really feel like driving, hence the reason we’re using her car. I’m not too sure what kind of car it is, I know it’s a Ford, and it’s blue but that’s pretty much all.

“You know you’re going to be one badass elementary teacher.” I inform her as she takes off, out of the driveway.

She laughs shaking her head, “I’ll tone it down for the children, don’t want to scare them.” She assures me and I nod.

We get to Costco in like fifteen minutes. I go straight to the back, and find the cake we want, not really wanting to waste time. We order a chocolate cake that’s 25 by 15 inches. I tell the lady what to write, and Taylor signs the sheet saying she’ll be here to pick it up Sunday morning.

Luckily Target is right next to Costco and so we both go in and split up, picking up all that’s needed for tomorrow. I get all the food, and Taylor gets the drinks. We meet back up at the register pretty quickly and we’re out in nearly no time. Now that the boring stuff is over with we head to the mall, where I quickly buy the iPod and a fifty dollar gift card.