Chapter 2: If we were mermaids, we'd be so screwed.

I wake up to the feeling of a pair of soft lips to mine, and I smile wrapping my arms around Noah’s shoulders. “Morning.” He whispers.

“Good morning.” I whisper back tiredly. After our “shower” last night, Noah and I ended up having a “The Walking Dead” marathon until past two in the morning. What can I say, it’s a good show! “What time is it?” I murmur, as Noah falls to the side of me so we’re face to face.

“Around three.” He tells me, and I gape at him.

“I slept for thirteen hours?”  I ask him incredulously.

“Oh don’t act surprised it’s not like you haven’t done it before.” He says poking me teasingly.

“I mean sure, I just didn’t expect it.” I answer, rolling off the bed and getting up.

“And just where do you think you’re going?” Noah asks me as I walk towards the door.

“I’m going to make breakfast… or lunch…. Or dinner, I’m not sure. I’m going to make food.” I answer leaving the bedroom.  I walk towards the kitchen going under the sink and pulling out a pan. I set it on the stove, turning the heat up to a six, I have no idea how hot it is considering that I’ve never liked put my hand on top of it, but I do know that it’s the perfect temperature to cook eggs!

I take out some butter, scooping it up and shoving it on to the plate, before going and get five eggs, knowing that Noah will want some to- and crack them into a bowl. As the butter heats up I whisk adding salt and pepper, pouring the liquid into the pan.

I go back to the fridge and pull out some pre-grated cheese- Noah and I, are too lazy to do it ourselves- along with some hot sauce, because personally I love hot sauce on eggs, which is weird because                 I hate hot sauce anywhere and everywhere else.

I sprinkle the cheese in, waiting for it to melt before putting in a tea spoon of hot sauce. That probably doesn’t seem like a lot, but it’s pretty hot and even though it tastes amazing, my tolerance level for hot stuff is pretty low.

I lean over the counter beside the stove, waiting a bit for the eggs to heat up. A hand lands on either side of me, making it know that Noah is behind me. His left hand trails up the side of my body, pushing my hair to the side, revealing the everlasting hickey. Noah’s mouth lands right underneath my ear laying a light kiss, before sucking gently, moving down a bit and repeating.

He’s barely fazed as I push back lightly, moving over to the stove and pushing the eggs around haphazardly, barely doing it without burning myself. I’m not too sure if the eggs are even done when I take them off a minute or two later, not being able to control myself, my lips begging to be kissed. I turn around, slamming my lips to his, and threading my fingers into his hair. We’re not going to do anything other than kissing, since we’re both still tired and groggy.

When I finally try to pull away, Noah incases my lower lip between his teeth, pulling me back towards him. I giggle as he walks us backwards to the couch. He sits down and I sit on top of him, one knee on either side of his legs.

“I love you.” He whispers, finally pulling back from the kiss.

“I love you to.” I smile, pressing my lips softly to his for one final peck before getting up. Noah follows me into the kitchen, where I gladly see that the eggs were finished when I pulled them off the stove. I put three pieces of toast into the toaster, obviously, before putting some store bought oatmeal in a bowl, pouring milk in and putting it into the microwave. Lastly I grab a chocolate pop tart and put it into the last empty slot of the toaster.