Chapter 10: The Beginning

I awoke to sound of beeping and pounding in my head. I slowly opened my eyes and was practically blinded by the brightness of the florescent lights of the room. I started to sit up to get a better sense of where I was, when a pair of warm comforting hands gently pushed me back down.

I turned, expecting to see Dan's beautiful brown eyes, to instead see my fathers. I looked to the other side of me to see my mother laying in an uncomfortable looking chair. I realized then that I was in a hospital room instead of the bedroom I had come to know after many years. "Dad?" I said in a froggy voice, my throat feeling like sandpaper. "Wh-what's going on? Where's Dan? Where's my baby?" I started to lean up again, to be forced back down, my father keeping his hands on my shoulders.

"Sweetheart, what are you talking about?" He took in a breath before continuing. "You've been in a coma for the last 3 months. It was a car wreck. You and your mother were on the way to the airport," he stopped for a second as a few tears escaped his tired eyes, "to drop you off for your trip to London, when a pickup truck cut off your mother and slammed into the passenger side door." I sat there in shock, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to come forward.

"So I never went to London?" My mother started stirring in her seat and looked up with groggy eyes to see me, her face lighting up as she broke into tears.

She leaped from the seat and squeezed me till I could barely breath. "Thank god!" She pulled away from me to see the look of confusion on my face, "Are you okay, honey?"

"N-No i'm not." The tears becoming more of a struggle to keep down. "I just lived an amazing life, only to wake up and find that it wasn't even real." I couldnt contain them anymore. I sobbed. "I had a husband, a child. How could none of it had been real?"

"I'll go get the doctor." My father said as he walked out of the room.

My mom turned to me with a worried look on her face.

The doctor walked in at that moment and proceeded to checking my vitals and asking, "Do you remember anything of the crash?"

"No..." I took in a deep breath. "All I remember is something that appariently never happened."

"Sometimes patients that go into a coma don't know how to deal with the reality of what happened to them, so they dream up the reality that they want and believe it to be true."

They left me alone to process the news.

*time skip* 1 day later

"There are some people here to see you." My dad said from the doorway.

I sat up as Jessica walked into the room running over to embace me in a bone-crushing hug. "I didn't know if I would ever get to see you again! We came to the hospital when we first heard about the accident and told your parents to call us the minute you finally woke up. We jumped on the first flight here when your mom texted me." She ramble on, making me giggle. It then dawned on me that she kept saying 'we'.

"We? Who's we?" She looks over to the doorway and I follow her gaze to see the eyes I had been looking for since I had woken up. Dan. A smile spread across my face as I saw the familiar faces of Dan and Phil, holding a camera.

"Say hi to the fans!" Phil said.

I giggled and waved. They approached the bed and started talking about the insane people they saw at the airport, but I wasn't really listening. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the man that I had fallen inlove with.

"Hey do you wanna go grab some food, i'm starving!" Jessica said to the guys after a while.

Phil leaped off the bed and practically ran out the door. "Thank god! I was so close to starvation!" He said from the doorway.

Jessica laughed and turned to Dan. "You stay here and keep her company. Do you want me to grab anything?"

"Nah, i'm good." He turned to me once she left the room. "Are you okay? You keep giving me a weird look."

I blushed and looked down at my hands. "Yeah. It's just..." I took in a breath before proceeding. "I had a dream about you."

I looked up to see him waiting for me to continue.

"We are good enough friends that I can tell you this." I laughed. "I pretty much ended up having a dream about us. We dated and got married and had a kid. I woke up in this hospital room and panicked because you weren't there and neither was Mason, our son."

I looked up expecting to see a horrified look on his face, to see him trying to contain his laughter.

"It's not funny!" I shouted, hitting him with my pillow.

"No, no. I'm sorry. It's just, I've been wanting to ask you out for a while now, and I was going to do it when you felt better." I froze mid pillow wack. I small smile spread across my face.

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

"Nothing." He stood up and walked to where my head was propped against, leaning down and grabbing my chin, brushing his lips against mine. The kiss was brief and gentle, but it was the kind of kiss that left you wanting more.

*time skip* 15 years later

The door swung open and our 13 year old son and 8 year old daughter came bolting through the house, making Dan and I jump up from the couch, where we were cuddling and making out like a couple of teenagers. "Ewwwww! Mommy and daddy are kissing again." Our daughter Rylynn shouted when she saw us.

"This is how we show we love each other, honey." I turned to my son. "Mason, go start your homework before you watch TV." I said as he slowly inched over towards our TV.

He groaned and made his way up the stairs to his bedroom.

"And you, my little monkey," Dan said grabbing our daughter and hanging her upside down, "You can go finish your poster for your presentation tomorrow." She broke out in fits of giggles.

"PUT ME DOWN DADDY!" She screamed inbetween her laughs. He set her down and she ran to the kitchen, grabbing her project and bringing it back into the room to show us what she had so far.

*time skip*

We sat back down on the couch after dinner, looking out the window, watching Rylynn hold a plastic bat and Mason throwing some soft baseballs at her, trying to show her how to hit them. "We did good, didn't we." I sighed, putting my head on my husbands shoulder as he nodded. He kissed the top of my forehead.

"I wouldn't want it any other way."