Dead Soldier

4 months

Marcus

"I'm assuming you can't understand my language ..." I groaned stepping on dry leaves, "but if you don't tell me what you want I can't help you". He was laying on the forest floor throwing wood chips away from him in any direction. He didn't even look my way. I don't understand his point in following me. Every time I came out to see him all he would do is trace the marks on my back and then sit in silence with me rambling on. It was infuriating, he's like a stalker I can't get rid of and I don't even know his motive.

"If you won't tell me I won't come back". I stood to walk away and he grabbed my arm. When I slid back to face him the dirt from the forest floor was shoved into my boots. I just shined these! He pulled me back to the ground and furrowed his brows while squinting his eyes at me. Is he mad at me? This is not my fault! Ugh, this is no fair. Two can play this game.

The wind started picking up and he grabbed me as he ran to another location. Every thing was passing so quickly. Surprisingly enough I wasn't scared. He hasn't tried to hurt me once, so I don't believe that he will do so now. He set me down on a cut down tree trunk. The aroma of freshly cut grass was drifting up my nostrils. Who would cut grass out here, maybe it's just wet grass. He grabbed my face and looked into my eyes. It was amazing how much his eyes resembled the crashing of small waves against a grainy beach, it's like I could actually see them. I wasn't sure what he was doing until I felt a sharp pain towards the middle of my head.

I tried to hold back, but the scream that erupted did not even explain the amount of pain I was in. It was as if my blood was a broiling venom sprinting through my veins. I couldn't see, if I opened my eyes it was just white space. I was about to start dry heaving until suddenly it all stopped. I still couldn't move, but I wasn't scared, I felt serene. As if I were relaxing against the beach as the waves drifted me to a better place than this. I closed my eyes and I could see. It's hard to explain, but I knew that he was showing me something, I just didn't know how to piece it together.

I saw myself walking into the pack house with snow from my boots treading the floors. Meeting my mate, which was a wonderful experience to relive, as well as my time leaving. My memories were picking up speed now, and the pressure between my eyes was intensifying. He's looking for something, but what? If he continues this my Raijū will go haywire.

It stopped, he stopped, on one moment. My departure. The little dark haired boy with the brown eyes. I barely even remember him. I feel happy and ... Excited? These emotions aren't mines ... I get it now! My vision returned and the Zlo came back into focus. I could feel static electricity on my finger tips so I made sure not to touch him.

"He's your mate". He smiled and looked at his hands. He's not here to cause a war, I haven't once seen him do anything destructive. He's been trying to find me, because I'm the only connection to his mate that he has. I still don't understand how he saw a connection between us, but it must've been back when I was on Earth, because that's the first memory he went to. That's the first time I was 100% percent sure he even existed. He was telling me the story of his arrival through my own memories.

"You have to end this war if you want me to take you to him. Can you talk at all? I know you can understand me". He took a deep breath and whirled his mouth to one side.

"I do not want to make fool of myself. I have not spoken this language in long time. I am learning again. In week I will have mastered it again". My eyes widened in shock. He can speak, and damn. I was immensely embarrassed by the way my body reacted to his voice. It was deep and powerful, even the rasp it held from poor use was attractive. He spoke in short sentences, as if he only wanted to get to the point. I couldn't pin point his accent, but it was unlike anything I've ever heard before. It feels wrong to be attracted to him even if I can't help it, I have Ryan back home, and that's all I need.

"I can't get you to your mate until this war ends". If I go M.I.A I'm a dead man if I was ever found.

"Not me, my sister is it". His sister is it? What does he even mean, this is too much. How is his sister causing this, I haven't seen her. Where is she ?

"How do we stop her?"

"You don't. Only I can". Then wouldn't it be nice if he stops her ... isn't that a great idea?Why hasn't he stopped her?!

"Then you have to stop her!" He rubbed some leaves in his hands until they crumbled.

"I am not strong, no mate". What does he mean? "No mate, I am weak". Shit. I've always known a mate can make anyone stronger, but I can't leave.

"I can't get home unless they let me". He smiled and stood up. I could feel my body telling me to leave, why is he making me leave? I just want to help him.

"You can't let me go, I'm no help out there". The truth of it all, is that I'm afraid to die. I don't want this war. I need him to end it, for all of us.

---
That's Zlo's sister