Travel

Two hours later he walked into the room with a skinny servant rolling his suit case next to him. Poor child, he looks like he hasn't had any good food in days. Why isn't Marcus feeding him? Maybe the boy just isn't excepting it, I hope that's the case, it most likely is. I only had a duffle bag, but it was enough for my clothing. Marcus doesn't supply me with much anymore, he just doesn't find the need to. He pampers everyone else though; it makes me so jealous.

I smile up at him hoping for a smile in return, but he only tilted his head to the side before gesturing with his hand for me to follow him. I complied to his request and stayed close to him. I know he hates me being close, but he also hates having to search for me when I've gotten lost the few times we've been places. I'm sort of easily distracted, and it's gotten me in lots of odd and scary situations in this realm.

When we go out we ride these things called dunees (do-knees), they're basically underground trains like back on Earth. I miss subways, and I miss the air on Earth, but being with my mate suffices for that. Hopefully one day I'll go back and visit my family. I don't have any blood relatives that I know of left, but the bonds I've created with the people in that pack mean more to me than biological family members. Love is what makes a family in my eyes, not genetics.

We took the trolly bus, which is my favorite part about traveling, to the dunees. The colorful contraption would drive past all of the beautiful locations in the city of Dunerme. Almost everything I've seen in this realm is beautiful, but I'd love it more if I had someone to enjoy it with.

I have no friends here; I don't know why, but not most people like to talk to me. I don't know if I'm just boring, or if they just don't like me, but I really want a companion. I used to be okay being friendless, because I had all the company I needed from my mate, but now I just have no one.

I kept a warm, fake, smile, on my face trying to get rid of my blues, but it didn't quite work.

The dunees are always very pact, and Marcus makes sure to keep me close to him. That's the only benefit to being stuck around so many people. I get to breath in his lovely scent of burning wood and something sweet, I can't really place it, I just know that I love it.

This is the first time I've gone under the water tunnel he used to tell me about. The walls that the dunees past through were clear; we were going through some body of water that had creatures unlike any I'd ever seen on Earth before. I was in awe.

Everything here fascinates me. People can be in any form they want freely without any judgement. If I wasn't so used to being shifted in my human form I'd be walking around as a wolf - well probably not, because Marcus doesn't like when I'm in my wolf form anymore. But I'd want to walk around like that all day, it'd be so freeing.

We past through the tunnel far too quickly for my taste. The dunees came to its first stop since I came on, and I looked to Marcus for instruction. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door. This is my favorite part of my ride on the dunees. He grabs my hand tightly, just for a moment, a split second in time, I feel like he actually cares about my well being. It's just wonderful.

We got back on a trolly bus and were on our way to his cousins house.