二十

A/N: i've been so inactive on this ff (i've been inactive on all my fanfics honestly..)

— ;

Somewhere Only We Know - Keane

there was a beach jimin and jeongguk would visit in the city of busan; dadaepo beach. occasionally, they visit together or individually just to regather thoughts and relieve stress. the place has soft hazel sand and clear turquoise waters, it welcomes the two boy's hearts for eternity.

this time, it wasn't jimin who jeongguk was with when visiting dadaepo beach.

"i can't go." the red haired boy says as he sits next to jeongguk on a white towel, knees to his chest.

"i can't go without you." jeongguk murmurs as he gazes toward the sea, legs crossed.

"what?" taehyung asks as he looks toward jeongguk with an expression of confusion.

"nothing," the two gazes at the sea as the sunset behind it. "why can't you go?"

"i just feel guilty, jeongguk. i feel guilty because this happened weeks after you confessed to him, i just feel so guilty."

jeongguk shrugs, "i feel guilty, too," he chuckles. "i almost don't want to go because of my remorse. i honestly don't care how homophobic he could be after me confessing, i seriously just feel like he didn't know what to do. it's like he just wanted me to leave to recollect his thoughts," the boy began to tear up thinking about the moment once again. "i hate myself. i seriously should have known he was going through shit before i made that stupid mistake."

"jeongguk-ah.."

"there's no need, taehyung," he turns to the red haired boy next to him. "i don't know what to do to make myself feel better."

"i could help you, i seriously can. i won't let you not let go, you hear me?" taehyung firmly says, locking eye contact with him.

jeongguk chuckles as he looks down, tears falling down and splattering on the towel, "i would seriously kiss you right now but it's too open spaced here."

taehyung scoffs, "don't you hate that sometimes? how you can't even show much affection to someone you love—that you aren't related to—without being notoriously publicized?"

"you must be so fixed on new vocabulary, huh?"

"well, yeah, i kind of want to become an author." taehyung blushes and scratches the back of his head.

jeongguk shrugs, "whatever you want to do, i'm fine with it, i just wanted you to know that." he says, gazing toward taehyung.

he slightly smiles, "god, i love you. wait no— oh my god." taehyung looks at jeongguk with pink cheeks and covers his mouth from embarrassment.

jeongguk laughs and looks back at the ocean, "why are you so embarrassed? we've shared this moment before, haven't we?"

"i know. it's just, i'm not used to it," taehyung crosses his legs and arms. "it's your fault for making me say that."

"what? how is it my fault?"

"we went off topic! you didn't even answer my question."

"oh, right. about being notoriously publicized for showing affection to someone that's not related to me?"

"yeah."

"well, i do dislike it. in fact, there's times where i regret ever choosing this path. some people just create rumors about me interacting with a girl. i really don't want to hurt anyone, even you," jeongguk's cheeks fluster as he looks down at the towel. "i'm a-actually h-ha-happy for meeting you."

taehyung smiles widely, "me, too."

"how'd we even go from the subject of my father to this cheesy conversation?" jeongguk asks, his pink cheeks vanishing.

"it's just the small things that leads to stuff like this."

— ;

A/N: i thought the last sentence would be cool to end the chapter with cause he's like reflecting on the time they met hahdhebs

ok but there's a lot of foreshadow here so 👀
actually not really ahahdgveev

but i'm currently trying to stabilize my ability in present-tense and past-tense because i realize that i switch both tenses a lot and i make it rather confusing and hard to read so i apologize~ 

i should also say that i back on the grind cause this chapter actually motivated me a lot yayaya