十四

WARNING: cringe fluff
— ;

september 17; the day they met.

november 12; jeongguk's comeback.

november 15; jeongguk's tour.

november 29; the end of jeongguk's tour.

december 1; —

"why are we christmas shopping when it's only december one!?" jeongguk asked as he sat in taehyung's car, which is parked under a tree.

"because i want to!" taehyung said, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"BUT I'M TIRED!" jeongguk whined, throwing his head back.

"jeongguk, i'm doing you a favor." taehyung said, glaring at jeongguk.

the complaining boy scoffed as he pulled his surgical mask over his mouth and unbuckled his seatbelt with his free hand. "i hate being undercover like this." jeongguk said through his mask.

"if you don't want to be "undercover," then let's shop different ways and meet up here once we're both done." taehyung shrugged.

"that'll get me into some bad shit!"

"at least it's better than being seen with a guy that's holding your hand and dragging you everywhere."

jeongguk thought about it, pursing his lips under his black surgical mask. then he scoffed, "fine," he tore his mask off.

"i leave first, so it looks normal, then you leave when i tell you, got it?" taehyung said, briefly holding jeongguk's index finger.

jeongguk nodded as taehyung left the car, walking toward the bustling shopping street in hongdae with lights of green and red glowed through the lively crowd of people.

in under ten minutes, the screen of jeongguk's phone lit up and displayed taehyung's signal. he sighed in relief, finally not having to wait in taehyung's car.

jeongguk's fingers began to tremble when he grasped onto his bag's handles, anxious to see the crowd of people that could possibly consist of his fans. reaching the street, he lingered around shops and scanned the area for taehyung. however, he couldn't be found. he must've been shopping by now.

a fan of his approached him, asking for a picture. hesitant, he agreed but he knew he would have to accept each picture that fans asked for. this was a mistake.

though, it is better than being seen with his... his significant other? it's been about two months yet jeongguk—nor taehyung—didn't know whether he was in a relationship. wouldn't it be too cliché for jeongguk to ask what they were? well, it didn't matter. whatever it took to know whether he could call taehyung 'his.'

and simultaneously, whatever it took to know if jeongguk's parents accepted him.

jeongguk bought a few items for his parents, but nothing for taehyung. nothing yet, at least. he simply didn't know what taehyung wanted for christmas.

taehyung called jeongguk, already sitting in the driver's seat of his car. "you done, jeongguk ah?"

"i'm on my way." he said, simply, and ended the call. jeongguk took his last picture with a fan of his and rushed to taehyung's car.

"have you told your parents, jeongguk ah?" taehyung said, concentration on the road.

"n-no." jeongguk fiddled with the helix of his ear and looked out the window, seeing only darkness.

"are you scared to tell them?"

"yeah," jeongguk sighed. "i don't think they'll accept me, actually."

taehyung glanced at jeongguk and back at the road, "you never know, jeongguk. maybe they will, maybe they won't. be strong if they don't, alright?"

"thank you, taehyung." jeongguk smiled widely, revealing crinkles at the ends of his eyes.

taehyung whispers an incoherent phrase and jeongguk asks to repeat but he refuses.

사랑해

— ;

edit by author 170504: ^^ lots of people are either uneducated in the field of hangul/korean in general or saying 'i love you' in return in the comments. sorry @ the people saying 'i love you' back, but i actually really like someone rn and i just cant think of anyone else sorry :////////////// !!1!1!3!2!2'&3$3$2!!

[please note that im joking, but not about me liking someone a lot ha]

A/N: CRINGE FLUFF MAYN AAAHH