Chap 15 "Sam's Death"

Natalie's POV
"Where is Sam?" I asked.
"He'll be back," Dean walked away.
"I'll be back," I replied. Jayk and I followed Dean to the back hallway, far from the others. "Dean, where is Sam?"
"Gone," Dean turned to look at us. "He's gone!"
"What do you mean gone?" Jayk asked.
"Dean, if you haven't realized, Alexis needs him," I replied. "His kids need him."
"Yeah, well, she's going to have to find another guy to love and father her kids," Dean nodded. "She was right. We should've never went on the case."
"Can you tell me what happened rather than avoiding the damn question?" I asked.
"Sam died on the case, alright?!" Dean exclaimed. "There! I said it!"
"You're lying!" Alexis turned the corner from the way she came.
"Are you happy?!" Dean yelled.
"Alexis!" I ran after her. I got to the study room when I heard the front door slam shut. "Dammit."
"Why did Alexis just run out crying?" Lisa asked
"Sam died on the case," I sighed. "I don't know. That's what Dean said." Dean walked into the room and got a box off the shelf and his keys. "Where do you think you're going?"
"Trade places with Sam," Dean replied.
"Are you crazy?" I asked. "You're not going to kill yourself."
"It's not wise," a guy in a trench coat popped in.
"What am I supposed to do Cas? I had my brother die in front of me," Dean responded. "My sister-in-law is probably crying her eyes out because of this. I have to fix it!"
"By going to the crossroad and making a deal?" Cas asked. "That's your plan? Your not trading your soul for Sam to live."
"You're an angel," Dean looked at Cas. "So, why don't you do something about it?"
"It's not that simple," Cas sighed.
"You're an angel?" I asked. "That means you can heal people, right?"
"Its not that simple," Cas sighed. "I tried. All I managed to heal was minor wounds and cuts." I looked at him. "I wasn't able to heal the fracture in his spinal cord."
"This wasn't an accident," I replied.
"It was the doing of a human being," Dean replied. "They were working for the wolves."
"Where's Sam's body?" I asked.
"In Souix Falls, South Dakota," Cas replied. "It's in Bobby's freezer."
My phone started ringing and I picked up. "Hello?" I asked as I walked to the kitchen.
"Yeah, this is Derek Morgan," the guy replied. "Anyone wanna tell me why Alexis showed up on my front porch, crying?"
"Where is she now?" I asked.
"I put her in the guest room and made sure she was asleep before I made this call," Morgan replied. "Are you going to tell me what's going on?"
"Sam died," I sighed. "His body is in South Dakota."
"What happened?" Morgan asked.
"Something about a case and a human helping the wolves," I shrugged. "And the human stabbed Sam in the back and fractured his spinal cord."
"Oh my god," Morgan sighed. "Look, I don't know what to say but what about her kids? The twins?"
"She's a single parent, Morgan," I replied. "I honestly don't know what to do, either."
"We'll see what happens tomorrow," Morgan replied. "I had called Hotch and asked for the day off. I hate seeing her like this." I was confused. "She's my best friend. I just don't understand why he said he'd do the case when he said he was out of the business for good."
"I don't know," I sighed. "We'll talk tomorrow. Good night." I hung up and walked back out to everyone. "Well, she's at Morgan's, showed up crying. Morgan called and took the day off tomorrow."
"Dean, Alexis wants to talk," Jayk handed Dean the phone. "She's on facetime."
"Dean," Alexis sighed. "Look, don't bring Sam back."
"Alexis, look at yourself," Dean replied.
"I know, I know," Alexis nodded. "But if you bring Sam back, it won't be the same. You're altering life. You can't do that." Alexis looked at Dean. "I know it's hard for you but it's not what Sam would want. He would want you to be happy. Have a normal life. If you bring Sam back, he won't have a soul. I can't wait two years to get his soul back." I looked at Dean with a confused look. "Just this time, please don't. It's over, Dean. You can live without Sam."
"That's my brother, your husband," Dean teared up.
"He won't be the same Sam I grew close to and loved," Alexis let a tear slip. "This one will be heartless and won't sleep. It won't be the same, Dean. I'm asking you to let him go and for real this time." I crossed my arms. "Go and see Ben. Go be with Sarah. Whatever it is, please don't start hunting again."
"I promise," Dean nodded and the call ended. "Well, I have to go and see Sarah now." I looked at him. "Just lock up when you're done."
"Something's wrong," I replied as Dean left. "Alexis said for us not to go downstairs. Dean didn't. I'm going to go and check."
"I'm coming with you," Jayk replied.
We went downstairs and there was a man chained to the chair. "Hello," he said with a Scottish accent. "I'm Crowley, who are you?"
"I'm Natalie and this is Jayk," I replied. "Why are you chained?"
"I'm the King of Hell," Crowley replied. "Moose and Squirrel keeps me here." I was confused. "Squirrel is Dean and Moose is Sam."
"Well, I don't know how to say this but Moose is dead," Jayk replied. He looked at us. "Something tells me you didn't know."
"No, I didn't," Crowley replied. "How's his lovely wife doing?"
"Not good," Jayk replied.
"I'll make you a deal," Crowley replied. "I'll bring Moose back if you let me go."
"No," I nodded. "Dean was going to make a deal at the crossroad and Alexis told him no."

Jayk's POV
"And we respect her," I replied. "We won't betray her wishes." Natalie and I closed the doors and walked back upstairs to the others. "What do we plan on doing?"
"Talk to her tomorrow," Drew replied. "The only thing we can do."
The next day, Natalie and I went to go see her. We walked up to the front door. "Ready?" I asked. Natalie nodded. I was about to ring the doorbell, but the door opened. It was Morgan. "Hey."
"I'm glad you guys are here," Morgan pulled us in and closed the door. "She's freaking out her own kids."
"Why?" I asked.
"Go check the kitchen," Morgan pointed.
Natalie and I walked to the kitchen and Alexis was dressed in a housewife's dress and an apron. She was getting a pie out of the oven. "You see what I mean?"
Alexis looked over at us. "Hey guys!" Alexis smiled as she put the pie on the table. "You guys want blueberry pie?"
"In a little bit," I nodded.
"Uncle Derek," Adalynn ran over to Morgan. He picked her up. She started whispering. "Why is Mommy acting crazy?"
"Mommy's not crazy, sweetheart," Morgan replied. "She's just cooking you and your brother and sister breakfast."
"Mommy barely cooks breakfast," Adalynn replied. We looked at her. "Sam usually cooks breakfast."
"Where was your mom?" Natalie asked.
"Mommy was always at work," Adalynn replied.
"Why don't you go and eat breakfast?" Morgan nodded. "I'll take you to school in a little bit."
"Okay," Adalynn nodded. Morgan put her down and she went to sit at the table. "Mommy! I want cereal!"
"Okay," Alexis smiled.
"Let's talk in the next room," Morgan nodded. We walked into the living room. "Do you guys have any idea what's going on?"
"She's coping with her feelings," Natalie replied. "She lost someone she loved. She was this same way when her dad passed." I looked at Morgan. "The only thing I can think of is try and hook her back up with Blake." The doorbell sounded. "You expecting company?"
"No," Morgan replied. He opened the door. "How can I help you?"
"Yeah, I'm looking for Alexis," said the guy. I looked at the guy. He was holding a bouquet of roses. "I met her when I was in Atlanta."
"Hey, you're Jack Wilder," I pointed.
"You follow my work?" he asked.
"No, but your buddy kissed my best friend's girl when they were on break," I replied.
"Alexis, it's for you," Morgan called. Alexis walked into the living room. She was in dark blue skinny jeans, a black spaghetti crop top, black heels, black leather jacket, her hair was up in a curly but cute messy bun, red feather earrings, red matte lips, and a smokey eye makeup. "And where are you going?"

 "And where are you going?"

"Out," Alexis replied. "Ricky will be by to pick up Samantha and Adam in about an hour."
"I gotta take Adalynn to school," Morgan replied.
"We can take care of that for you while you wait for Ricky," I replied. Morgan glared at me. "Ohhh, oops."
"Yeah," Alexis nodded. "Don't change it on me now and I know you have nothing to do."
"She knows After Romeo's schedule like the back of her hand," I replied. "Sorry, I can't help you out there, Derek."
"Alexis, you just lost Sam," Natalie replied. "Don't you think you should take it slow?"
"I'm going to help Jack with a few of his acts," Alexis nodded. "I have to help him with this. I'll be fine. You can ask him."
"What exactly is she going to help you with?" I asked.
"My card act," Jack smiled as he held up a deck of cards. "She knows one trick about the cards that I don't know about. I want her to show it to me." Alexis nodded. "She showed it to me once, but I wanna know it step-by-step. So, you ready to go, Alexis?" Alexis nodded. "Let's go."
"You guys know you can always call me if you need me," Alexis smiled as Jack held out his hand. She grabbed his hand. "Don't hesitate, if it's my kids. I know they need me."
"Don't worry," Morgan sighed. "Uncle Derek for this under control."
"Just go and have fun," I sighed, giving in. "We got this under control and you got Ricky coming to get the Winchester twins." Alexis smiled. "You gotta get out and we gotta bond." Alexis and Jack left. "Hope she has fun."