"You can't hold that against me. That was before anything happened between us." Harry cried out silently, clenching his fists by his side as he waited for Niall to respond back only to be met by a loud huff from the blonde, making him roll his eyes at how childish he was being. 

"Food please. I'm too hungry to even come up with a  good comeback." The blonde rolled his eyes, slumping back against the chair as he watched Harry sigh, running a thick hand through his curls before facing Shawn with a soft smile. He felt his face drain of all color when Shawn smiled back, and Niall was certain that the boy must feel at least something for Harry, even if he had been just a one night stand. Harry Styles was a charming man, you just had to be in his presence for a few hours, hell even minutes, and you'd already want more of him. Niall would know, he was the one most addicted to Harry's presence after all. 

"I'm sorry for his behavior but can you please get us our food or are you not the one serving us?" Harry asked softly, making the blonde grunt because was there even a reason to be kind and sweet to a waiter right now? A waiter he even slept with while he was on a date with a guy he loved? Clearly there was something wrong with Harry's logic, Niall thought to himself. 

"I'll get it. I'm not at all bitchy or rude like some people in the world. I don't mind a few extra chores," Shawn smiled sweetly towards Niall, making the blonde slump further into his chair. 

"Yeah well some of us aren't stuck at waiting tables at the age of - what? - twenty two? Aren't we?" Niall called back, his blue eyes widening along with Harry's green ones the moment he had got the words out. He really didn't mean them. Not at all. He was just angry and confused and jealous and insecure, all those things combined together were definitely not a good combination but now, he had said something too damn cruel and he couldn't take it back. Not without lowering himself down in his own eye, that is. 

"Well, I'm sorry but some of us aren't rich enough at twenty two to be able to afford everything in the world just like that. I'll get you your order." The boy turned on his heels, marching off down the stairs, out of the private area so he could grab the coffee cups and plates that Harry had ordered for himself and Niall. It wasn't that Niall's words affected him in any manner. He had actually hoped for one of these big time stars to be at least a bit arrogant and now he had seen it happening in front of his eyes, the arrogance directed towards him. Shawn didn't know what to think but when he turned his head around, Harry fucking Styles was staring back at him and mouthing the words 'I'm so sorry' and if Shawn wasn't holding onto the tray, he was sure he would be a melted puddle on the ground. He blushed profusely, shaking his head with a chuckle. 

"What's got you in such a  good mood?" The blonde boy turned his in the direction of the voice, pushing his natural locks away from his forehead as he stared at his best mate leaning on the counter, brown eyes wide as she waited for a reply. 

"Nothing." The lad answered curtly, making sure he had everything on the tray before he decided to go back up. Not wanting Niall to insult him for being careless. 

"Are we keeping secrets nowadays?" The girl pushed her bright red locks behind her ears, pouting with a shake of her head as she watched Shawn fumble around with the stuff. It wasn't even his order but hers, however she wasn't going to stop him from taking it over. Definitely no. 

"No it's just that, there's a person I like and he likes someone else." Shawn confessed sighing before turning around, not wanting to give any more explanations. 

"Since when has that stopped you?" 

The boy smirked, turning his head as he got on the first step. 

"Never." 

....

Harry watched the boy proceed downstairs and snatching the perfect moment, he grabbed Niall's wrist, making the boy turn around to face him. He wasn't angry with Niall, not really, just disappointed. And a part of him really didn't know whether it was adorable that the Irishman could even be jealous or whether it was annoying how extremely rude he had been. So he just went along with both the emotions.