12

Harry was confused. He seemed to be that a lot these days but this time, it was more than just the confusion of whether he wanted to pursue Niall or not. This time, he was in a serious dilemma and even though he really didn't want to approach Louis for any kind of help, he happened to be the only one who knew about Harry's feelings.

The taller brunette didn't even know when he started feeling this way for Niall. It was all fine at the beginning, during X-factor. There were moments when he would stare for a second too long at Niall but he didn't make much of it. In his mind, he was simply appreciating the blonde because he was so gorgeous and beautiful. Wherever Niall would go, there would be lots of people surrounding him, so it came to Harry as a shock when he they released their first single and Niall started getting hate. He felt sympathy and anger then.

After a few years, those feelings changed. Harry grew up and his sexuality wasn't a question anymore. He just labelled himself as a lover of all sorts of beauty. Even though, the only person he was ever seen with was girls. But then he realized that he could never feel an emotional connection with anyone and rather than just dating girls for the heck of it, he was being made to date them for publicity. And even that was alright. It kept him away from the blonde, from focusing on his thick Irish accent or the way his lips would curl into a shy smile every time somebody asked him a question, or even the way he would lick his lips at the sight of food or the way he would get drunk off his ass and act like a stupid dork.

But then they were being made to fake date and all his feelings, all his dreams were coming too and even though Harry knew the blonde had revealed that he was gay, he still wasn't sure whether Niall himself knew of his own sexuality. He had never seen Niall appreciating girls or even boys, sure he did it for the cameras but he never actually talked to any one of them about it. Even if the hottest person was to pass by Niall's way, all Harry had heard the blonde say was ''s cool' and maybe that was why Harry refused to acknowledge his loud proclamation of being gay. Niall's first kiss was Harry for fuck's sake and as far as the brunette could remember, Niall didn't like that kiss a bit.

Harry sighed, shaking his head at the blonde's accusing remarks as he walked downstairs to find Louis already waiting for his arrival. His green eyes met the blue ones and all Harry wanted to do right now was rant and cry. He wasn't the best person out there and in no way or form did he consider himself worthy of Niall's love, yet he wasn't in any way using him or playing some game with him. Niall wasn't a pawn and Harry's love wasn't a game. It was something he had been repressing for years now and didn't know how to express it properly. He had never been in love before. He might have dated thousands of people, for the sake of the camera or just for the heck of it but never once had they made his insides clench and butterflies fly around in his stomach the way Niall had managed to do.

"I leave you both alone for ten minutes and you already manage to look like you had a first hand encounter with death." Harry snapped his head into the direction of Louis's voice, frowning when he noticed that his love interest was also staring at their direction. Harry flinched at the cold and calculating gaze. He didn't know what he did to deserve so much hate but he was just so done. So utterly done investing his emotions into the person who didn't even care about feelings at all.

"I'm done. He thinks it's a sick game I'm playing and I'm just so fucking done." The brunette screamed the last part, noticing the way Louis and Liam flinched at the loud response. He saw the puppy eyed man staring at them in confusion, waiting for somebody to explain the situation to him. Harry had a fair idea that he was about to cry, especially with the way his eyes were tearing up at the way Niall was staring at him as if he couldn't care less.

"Um, excuse us?" Louis whispered to his band mates in the room. He frowned when Niall rolled his eyes, not understanding why the Irishman was behaving like a little bitch these days but chose to leave it be, dragging Harry away from the two people and into the kitchen where they could have a quiet conversation.