Chapter 2

{} Shadows POV {}

*5 MOTHS LATER*

I woke up to the sound of Donna beating on everyone's doors.

"Girls! Boys! Wake up! We have visitors coming later!" She called.

I sighed and got out of bed, turning on my lights and pulling out clothes. I decided on my Pierce the Veil shirt with a purple flannel, navy skinny jeans, and all black converses.

I did my makeup and added some war paint onto my cheeks before brushing my hair and I made sure my bangs were covering one eye. I popped a piece of gum into my mouth and added my band bracelets onto my wrists, covering my entire forearms.

I grabbed my phone from the charger before entering the hallway and descending down the stairs.

"Hey, look! It's the emo mute!" Someone called.

I kept my gaze on my shoes as I walked to the end of the line, ignoring the laughter that filled the room.

"Yo, fattie! Are you trying to look depressed? I bet you just want attention. No one is going to adopt you. You might as well go to your room and stay up there." Some guy called after me.

I did my best to physically ignore him, although his words did stick to me.

I plugged my headphones into my iPod and started playing music.

I continued walking past everyone and sat in the corner, so no one would yell at me for sitting in "their" seat.

I heard people come in and out as A Match Into Water by Pierce the Veil blasted into my ears.

I scrolled through Wattpad and found an "Adopted by Sleeping with Sirens" book that I liked, and started reading it.

Eventually, someone ripped my headphones out if my ears. I looked up to see Donna.

"Get up, filthy bitch! Stop sitting on the floor, it makes you look gross!" She scolded and pulled me up by my hair.

I pushed my iPod and headphones into my pocket with a frustrated sigh, and stood in place.

The door opened again to signal more people entering the room, and my eyes widened at the people.

My favorite bands..... Pierce the Veil, Black Veil Brides, and Sleeping with Sirens....

Why are they here? What if they adopt me like in the books?! Who am I kidding, that's never gonna happen. I'm just... Me.

I saw some girls start to "fix" their shirts and hike up their skirts a little before failing at their flirtatious faces.

"Hey, what's mute doing over here? Isn't she supposed to sit on the floor?" Someone called out. I looked at them and noticed it was one of the slutty girls.

I sighed and ignored her while focusing my gaze on the floor.

"Fine, I guess I'll make you sit." She sighed before walking over to me and pushing my shoulders forcefully towards the ground.

I winced in pain, but didn't do anything about it. She walked back over to her place as I shoved my headphones back in my ears, not caring if I get in trouble.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall as Broken by Conquer Divide played. I honestly love this band so much, and they followed me on Twitter before I deleted my account.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, causing me to open my eyes.

Donna was glaring at me, saying something I couldn't understand because of my headphones.

I rolled my eyes and pulled them out with a sigh.

"-really need to stop doing that! You're making me look bad!! Go to your room! And don't think about coming down for food later!!"

Does she really think I'm going to eat anyway? I pushed myself off the floor and started towards the stairs.

Someone fake coughed a "Kill yourself." While I walked passed them.

"Why does she wear that horrid black stuff on her face?" A girl with a high pitched voice screeched.

I flipped her off as I got to the top of the stairs.

Going into my room, I fell into the bed with a sigh.

Should I? I don't see why not....

My way of getting high is not traditional. I mean, where do you expect a 13 year old girl in an orphanage to get weed or something?

So, basically, what I do is just sniff strong nail polish remover until I can barely walk straight.

It might not be great, but it's something.

I grabbed the bottle and shook it a little before opening it and sticking my nose down in it, sniffing it until my nose burned badly.

I repeated this until my head felt woozy, and grabbed my piece of metal that makes me feel better.

{}{}{}

I flushed the bloody toilet paper and went back to my room. I tossed the nail polish remover onto the floor somewhere, hid my blade, and laid back.

"Shadow, come downstairs." I heard Donna say over the intercom.

Sighing for the 374th time today, I threw my door open and went downstairs as I was told to do.

"Some people want to talk to you." Donna greeted me blandly.

I slightly nodded and followed her.

"Someone wants to talk to mute? Why? She's just trash." I heard this guy say.

I rolled my eyes and flipped him off before entering the room that contained the people that wanted to talk to me.

I kept my eyes on the floor as I took a seat.

"Hi, darling. What's your name?" I heard a very farmilair voice say.

I looked up and........ Really?

Why do my 3 favorite bands want to talk to me?