十六

It was nearly the summer holidays, and things have been quite normal. Besides me not being class representative, and not talking to Tsukishima, everything was the same as before. I had become much more open, and had made many new friends, more like people I didn't pay attention to before. Now, I was everybody's friend, always there for them. Don't get me wrong, I was still best friends with Yachi, but since she spent more time with her boyfriend (and the volleyball squad since she was now a full-time manager), I had more time left to spare.

Takeda-sensei wasn't pleased with my unjustified absence, he was still this close to kicking me out of the advanced class since I had missed the exams, but I begged him to let me stay. He finally agreed after I had ambushed him with about a gazillion different merchandise from his favourite books and about three hundred apology letters written with gold and silver ink from a fountain pen in the most impeccable handwriting. However, I was to take supplementary tests, to check whether I had to go to summer school or not. To avoid that outcome, I crammed all the lessons into my head and studied my ass off.

Without Tsukishima, life seemed a whole lot easier, no more drama with Yachi, no more unnecessary chick flick moments. Well, the Yachi-drama part was easy, but ignoring him was difficult. Every time I was going to class, I'd search the room for some tall megane-kyojin, then stop myself, realising that I wasn't supposed to have anything to do with him. Le sigh. I had to focus on studies, but 99.9% of the time my mind was elsewhere.

"Y/n... Y/N!" A voice shook me awake, and I lifted my head suddenly from the history book on the library table.

"Bashsk!" I coughed choking on my saliva. It took me some time to adjust my vision and as the blurriness faded away, I could make out a mass of blond hair in front of me. "Ts—"

"Y/n! You fell asleep!" I blinked as Yachi's familiar voice and face came to focus.

"Ah! Thanks for waking me up. Studying is so boooringgg..." I complained hoping that'll take the attention away from my obvious mistake. I thought sitting in front of me was Tsukishima, but it clearly wasn't. And I had accidentally started calling him. It was obviously hard to forget him when I saw him everywhere, even in my weird dreams. To this point, not talking to him and all, made me slowly and gradually regret my decision.

"Y/n, it's almost the school festival, what are we going to be doing?" She asked as if I was still class rep.

"Ayaa, I don't know, I'm no longer in charge. Besides I don't even know if I could attend since I have so many make-up tests to do..."

"Heeh... Really?" She groaned, disappointment was written all over her round face. "But you have to... You're obligated to participate in class events, right? School rules, remember??"

"Pfffff," I popped the cap off of my pen like as if I was flipping a coin. "I don't really want to go..."

"Come on, Y/n... It'll be fun!"

"The last time someone told me that, I ended up suffering hours of school." I rolled my eyes. You know what? I should get an olympic medal for eye rolling, I'd emerge a champion.

"Y/n-saaaaaan!" I snapped my neck around to see who was calling me. Hinata's fuzzy orange hair and Kageyama's scowl greeted me.

"Aye." I pursed my lips. I still felt kind of bad for those who weren't involved in the whole drama thing. Like Kagz and Hinata had no idea what was going on, yet they were still worried to death about my disappearance. "Can I help y'all?"

"Y/n-san. We have an emergency." The black haired boy announced with a serious tone, like as if he was breaking the news to the world about Donald Trump actually being elected for president.