Darkness covered the most of the floor, and the only source of light flickered meekly beside me. Shadows were casted on Tsukishima's face as his eyes, a cold empty void, were attached to my flitting irises. Those brass-coloured orbs, followed my every movement, they traced my every features in the dark. I dared not to moved, and instead of breaking the deathly silence which was hanging in the air and was enveloped by the night, I focused my frightened eyes on his face. His blonde messy hair looked more like dirty blonde then his usual lion's-mane-colour. On the bridge of his nose, his black rimmed glasses framed his leaf-shaped eyes. His thin eyebrows, the same colour as his hair, fit perfectly with his upturned nose. The flickers of the fluorescent tube casted a shadow on one side of his face in one straight line, splitting his face in two: the darkness of the night and the brightness of the moon. He looked menacing here, standing amidst the moonlight, his tall and slim build loomed over me. He really lived up to his name, Megane-kyojin.

None of us spoke. We just basked in the uncomfortable silence, staring into each other's eyes, me with hidden fear, him with no emotions. Like putting on my headphones, the sound of cicadas were muffled and muted, and I could only hear the loud, rapid, beating of my heart and the dysfunctional pounding in my head. My lips were dry, and my throat parched. Who would be the first to break the ice?

I cleared my throat from the words that were stuck.
"I think we should go back."

I waited a little, as my words echoed, filling the silence momentarily. Shortly after, the absence of sound returned. I turned around, trying to escape this eerie atmosphere, and took a step to go back to the gym.

"Wait." His voice rang clearly in my bugged mind. I didn't stop as I took a second step towards my destination.

"Y/n." He grabbed my wrist, like that time when he tried to talk to me. I tugged at my arm who wouldn't let me move forward.

"We need to talk." He muttered.

I ignored him again and took another step, this time down the stairs. I shut my eyes, I mustn't get any closer to him, for Yachi's sake. I should've known. I should've known not to do that in the first place.

I should've never closed my eyes, and by doing that, I had found myself in an impossible situation. Hand reaching into the wind, shoulders leaned forward, feet dangling in the void. I was going to hit a sharp edge, and I saw the distance nearing. I engulfed the fall, bracing without defence for an incoming hard impact.

A quick, painful, tear in my shoulder and a protective arm slithered around my waist reconnected my vision to my mind. My eyes widened as I saw how close I was to a concussion. The staircase was an arm's length from my face, and I felt the blood rush towards my face as my centre of balance faltered when I realised what had happened. I had skipped a step of the staircase. Before I knew it, I had been pulled back upright, straight into the warm embrace of Tsukishima Kei.

I could only hear the blood rushing in my ears. The beating of my heart reached a completely different speed from my previous one. It pounded loudly like the beating of a drum at a Dragon festival, yet as quickly as a pianist's fingers when playing Unravel on piano. It echoed from head to toe, making my blood thrum at each strike.

He had his arms wrapped around me, and I could hear the sound of his racing heart.

"T-Tsukishima-kun," I whispered, unsure as I poked his arm. "T-thanks. You can l-let go of me now." I felt too hot, this didn't feel right. I wasn't supposed to be here. He wasn't supposed to do this to me. Yachi was supposed to feel the warmth of his embrace, not me.