十一

Forget it. I could never like him anyways. Yup, definitely an asshole.

"C'mon, chibi-chan, what are we going to do for the sports event? You do know that we can't possibly win?"

"Shhhhhh!" I glared at him. "You do know that you don't know if you don't try."

He ruffled my hair, messed it up, and smirked. "Having you as team captain, what were they thinking?"

Hands off my hair, megane-kyojin! I mentally cursed at him. He ain't suppose to do this. If he did, my feelings might just return.

"I don't know, maybe they needed someone cool to do the job." I stuck out my tongue and tidied my hair.

"Pul-ease. You're the opposite of cool."

Pfffffff. Rude much.

We were literally a day before the event, and I had trained my little minions, oops classmates, to play volleyball. We were all extremely excited, for we all wanted to be the ones to look upon victory. I had managed to teach them the basics and I had proposed a plan that was probably the most effective for a bunch of beginners.

"I'll show you how cool we are." I sneered. "We're gonna win this shit."

"Sure." He replied sceptically.

"You can kiss my ass when we do."

"And if you don't?" He taunted me.

"I won't lose any pocket money then." I smiled. "I could treat myself to some cake or something."

"I'd bake you an 'at least you tried' cake," he smirked. "Just to make you feel better about your loss."

My heart thumped.

"Yeah right, like I'm gonna eat cake from you."

That night, I couldn't sleep. It seemed like my feeling had resurfaced from the deep dark lake I threw them in; throwing my feelings away had a similar effect as throwing a ball at a wall and expecting it to stick on the wall. I think that I might just actually like him.

He had ruffled my hair.

He said he'd bake me a cake.

He might like me.

I laughed internally at my own stupidity and contradicted myself, since of course what the hell was I thinking.

He messed up my hair.

He'd bake me a cake to humiliate me.

He likes Yamaguchi.

Was this what having a crush meant? Losing all signs of common sense?

I sighed and turned over. Should I truly follow down the path of liking someone or should I do my best to delay these feelings?

Hmmm... Delaying and denying definitely sounded better.

I woke up with a bad headache, and I knew I shouldn't have slept that late. One thing led to another and I ended making up random scenarios in my head. Like oh, what if Tsukishima and I were watching Attack on Titan and what if he accidentally starts singing the theme song and blurts out 'all my life I've been aspiring to be a Titan', or what if he and I both fell in a big hole and had to climb our way out, would he carry me on his shoulders?

Yeah, tmi. And today was a big day for all of us. We had a few matches to win, a few asses to kick and a few drinks to buy.

I quickly picked up my gym bag and changed into my uniform. I yelled, "Bye Mom! Bye Dad!", to my non-replying parents, who were both still hungover from their stupid arguments that lead to their drunk behaviour last night.