Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"Do you know what I think would be really boring? If you weren't in your release state... So do me a favor and stay just the way you are!" Ichigo jumped straight ahead towards his opponent. They were going at it some more causing huge explosions. Orihime watched in shock.

Cherī landed behind Orihime and a little girl with a cracked mask on top of her head just after Ichigo saved them from Grimmjow's attack before rushing back into the fight. Cherī knew, she knew Orihime was scared of Ichigo, she was probably telling herself not to be afraid of him. She was easy to read. She also knew that Ichigo was upset that Orihime was scared of him.

'I mustn't be afraid. I mustn't... No. When I think about those eyes. Their not Ichigo's at all. Its like they belong to someone else. When Ichigo looked at me with those eyes, it's like he doesn't even see me. Just like my brother. The same eyes... Oh, Ichigo...'

Ichigo and Grimmjow continued to fight, landing a fight or blocking each other's attack. They collided once more before pushing away, they had both managed to cut each before going again. Ichigo was kicked away by Grimmjow, the top left of the mask had broken off showing off his left eye. Grimmjow jumped in the air spinning before hitting Ichigo, crashing against another pillar causing it to break.

"Oh no. Even with his Hollow mask on master Grimmjow is still defeating him. And his fight with master Dordoni... And against master Ulquiorra... Whenever Ichigo puts on his mask there was never any doubt that he was going to win. When Ichigo is masked there was no one who could beat him. But now... What's happening to Ichigo? How can he be losing like this?" More pieces broke off from his mask after taking a hit from Grimmjow.

"Hey! You can do it Ichigo!" The little Arrancar yelled. Orihime turned to Nel.

"Come on! I know you can! Well, what are you doing standing there for?! You need to cheer him on too!" Nel yelled at Orihime.

"Huh?"

"That's the best you can do?! He's out there risking his life for you and all you can say is "huh"?!" Orihime started at down at her.

"Why are you so afraid of him, do you think he's some kind of monster?! You know he has a kind heart, you said so yourself! It's as plain as day even Nel can see it! And Ichigo cares about you too! He cares so much, that when he heard your name he attacked master Ulquiorra with everything he had!" Orihime's eyes widen.

"I know he's a Soul Reaper now but don't forget Ichigo is still human! Think about what he's gone through, everytime he uses that mask he exposes himself to it's insane power! He has to be suffering!" Cherī noticed that the whole left side of the Hollow mask was now gone.

"But he's doing it for you so he doesn't care! He uses the power and takes all the pain and suffering four you! How would he feel?! How would he feel when he doesn't hear your voice cheering him on?!" This seemed to have struck a chord in Orihime. She wasn't afraid of him because whether with or without his Hollow mask it was still Ichigo.

"She's right y'know.." Orihime and Nel gasped in surprise seeing Cherī sitting on a rock.

"C-Cherī, when did you get here?"

"Don't really know, but the little Arrancar is right. You have to believe in him, it shouldn't matter if your scared. All you need to do is to trust and believe in Ichigo just like I do. I believe in everyone who came here with him... He won't stop at nothing until he knows his friends are safe... Heh, I guess that's what I love most about him." Cherī said standing beside Orihime placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"What do you say, Orihime? Do you want to cheer him on with me by letting him know we're alright?"

"Y-yes.." Cherī smiled at her, removing her hand as they watched the fight below.