Chapter Eight

"M-my tr-training?" Cherī stuttered standing in front of a desk the Captain of Squad One was sitting behind.

"Yes, you need to prefect your skills for a battle. I need to know where we can begin from."

'H-he can't be serious!? I almost died last time and I was only eight years old!'

"Why are you hesitating? Do not wish to finish your training?"

"N-no! I mean I do want to finish my training, Head Captain!"

"Good, we will start in one hour with the Captains, their lieutenants and seated officers! Get ready. We will meet here before heading to the training grounds."

"Yes sir!" Cherī jumped off from the balcony leaving the office. The lieutenant of Squad One, Sasakibe and his Captain couldn't help but chuckle at the girl. It was going to be a good training exercise.

Back with Cherī. She was walking past the many of the squads' barraks heading to her squad. As she was walking she saw many Hell Butterflies flying to and from the barracks and she was sure they were already finishing up last minute papers or chores before they were supposed to meet.

'I just had to agree with starting up my training. Than again the old man knew I wouldn't back down no matter what. Even if I'm scared.' She sighed only to feel someone poking her shoulder, looking over her shoulder she saw it was Izuru standing there with a smile and a guy behind him.

"Cherī, it's good to see you again." Izuru said with a smile.

"Sorry about that, Izuru. I didn't notice you were there."

"I could tell. I've been calling your name for some time now."

"Eh!? I'm sorry! I have a lot going on right now."

"I've heard. You and Head Captain Yamamoto will be fighting."

"Eh... It may seem that way for you and the others that just meet me but this whole thing is for my training."

"Your training? How is that?" The man standing behind Izuru making her blink in confusion before looking back at Izuru.

"Cherī this is Shūhei Hisagi. He's the lieutenant of Squad Nine. Shūhei this is Cherī Zaraki."

"So your the one Rangiku as telling me about." Cherī looked at his face seeing scars on the right side of his face but what caught her attention was the tattoo of a double digit number.

"What are you doing with that number, huh? The only person I knew who had it was the former Captain of Squad Nine, Kensei Muguruma."

"Y-you knew him?"

"Of course I knew him. I grew up here in the Seireitei so I know the former Captains and a few others, Kensei included. He saved your life? Is that why you have that?"

"Yes, he saved me many years ago when I was a kid."

"Hold on, if you knew a former Captain than you were a member of a squad." Izuru said. Cherī nodded with a smile.

"That's right. At age four I was in the Stealth Force as a third seat."

"You were in the Stealth Force that young!? How can that be?!"

"It was because my mother was the Captain back than and I took over my fathers spot as a third seat years after he became a Captain as well."

"Lady Cherī!" They looked up seeing Soi-Fon standing on top of roof of a near by building.

"Soi-Fon! Think you can put in a last minute training before I see grandfather?"

"Of course."

"Great. I'll see you two later. See ya!" She was gone along with Soi-Fon.

*~*

"I can't believe I just had to agree to this." Cherī grumbled walking into Squad One barracks as she fixed her top that covers up the uniform of the commander-in-chief of the Stealth Force. Like her mother she didn't like covering up but she didn't have any choice.

"I'm early..." She said seeing Shunsui, Unohana, Jūshirō and Byakuya standing around along with their lieutents and seated officers.

"Ah, there goes my little cherry drop."

"Your drunk."

"A bit tipsy but not drunk. My little Nanao took the rest of my sake away."

"Don't whine. You don't see me complaining about wearing this get up." She said tugging on the collar of her Shihakushō.

"I'm surprised you are still wearing it. You never did like wearing it." Jūshirō said. Cherī eye twitch as a light shade of pink appeared across her cheeks.

"Captain Soi-Fon brided you with dongo did she? How many? A box?" He noticed the annoyed look.

"Three boxes?"

"Five boxes, huh."

"Th-that doesn't m-matter right now!" She growled, the two Captains' chuckled at her flustered appearance. Cherī huffed crossing her arms over her chest turning her back towards them closing her eyes.

"You'll never change Cherī." Shunsui smiled gently tugging on her hair trying to get her attention. She opened her right eye to see him smiling at her, she closed it shut again. Shunsui kept tugging on her hair making the corner of her lips to twitch upwards. With a sigh she opened her eyes looking over at Shunsui with a small pout.

"Whatever- ow! S-stop it, Shunsui!" Shunsui started pinching her cheeks with a smile. Cherī tried removing his hands but they wouldn't budge.

"That's enough!" Nanao pinched one of her Captains' hands, twisting it making the man wince releasing Cherī.

"My little Nanao, why'd you do that huh?"

"You are a Captain of the Thirteen Court Gaurd Squads, act like it. Are you alright Cherī?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you Nanao." Cherī said rubbing her cheeks with her hand. Cherī blinked seeing a girl with short black hair and violet eyes stand behind the white haired Captain.

"Cherī this is Rukia Kuchiki. Byakuya's sister."

"Byaku-boo has a sister now? He never told me when I go see him. Why is that, huh, Byakuya?" Cherī looked over the the nobleman who narrowed his gray eyes at her making her scoff.

"You sure have changed, Byaku-boo." Cherī let out a laugh flash-stepping away from her previous spot appearing next to Jūshirō. Byakuya glared at the green eyed woman standing where she once stood.

"Still hot tempered ain't ya, Byakuya. Think you can win in a game of tag this time?"

"Hey! What makes you think you can talk to my brother like that!?" The girl known as Rukia yelled at the smirking woman.

"Well, aren't you a spitfire kid. Besides, I can call him whatever I want brat." Cherī crossed her arms. Rukia's eye twitched.

"Why you... You should show some respect!"

"Not going to happen kid." Cherī gave her a cat like grin ruffling Rukia's hair causing her eyes to widen in surprise.

"You're okay, Rukia. Ken seems to like you." Rukia fixed her hair looking at her confused.

"Ken?"

"Ken is my Zanpakutō. I can tell you this, it's not everyday he finds someone he takes a liking too. It took awhile for him to get use to me and I'm his partner."

"How is Ken? Still a pup?" Shunsui asked.

"Not anymore. He said the reason he was so small at the time was so I could carry him around. Ken, come on out." She said. Soon a wall of fire appeared a few feet in front of them, Cherī snapped her fingers making the wall of fire vanish showing a wolf with black fur and bright yellow eyes.

"That's Ken."