What an amazing night...Not!! (Part 2)

~Matt POV~

He was so cute to me. I couldn’t resist, though I was told to specifically stay away or I would ruin everything. Such a shame I might have to break his heart in the end. I really hope it doesn’t come to that. I think I’d kill myself if I had to endure that again.

 I hated myself for what I had to do to Jace. I almost killed myself then. But it’s my job.

I didn’t like how Chase was towards me. He acts like I’m some sort of disease that he hates. It upsets me to no end but I won’t let Josh know that.

I sigh as the hours go by, Josh told me that him and Chase were going to hang out today. I woke up fifteen minutes ago and read that text. It made me smile that he was getting his friend back, that’s all he ever talked about. I guess it’s fair since I always talk about Jace. I hope he’s ok. I can’t believe he ended up here of all the places in the world. He didn’t know of my arrival until the day after. Guess he was too stunned to notice me when I walked through the door that day.

I heard a car door shut and got up to peek out the window. Josh is here, but he isn’t happy. I open the door as he gets closer, noticing that Chases doesn’t leave until I shut the door.

“What happened?” I instantly ask. “A lot.” Josh whispers. “We have time to kill.” I say lightly. He gave me a small smile. “Fine. Well, Chase happens to have almost succeeded in killing himself. The night of the day he had pushed me. He is still a lot like me. I was mean to him today. But I think it’s because I’m afraid he might hurt me again. He told me he doesn’t feel the same about me anymore…at first I was blind, and now I cannot believe how blind I really was. Chase is falling for someone else. Someone that I don’t like but will tolerate if I ever have to officially meet. That someone is Jace.” He says. My face pales. Josh noticed. “What?” He asks me.

 “I was afraid of that happening.” I say. My stomach began to twist. “Why?” He asked. “I have the sickest feeling that something isn’t right about it.” I answer truthfully. Josh nodded. I noticed how tense he was. I walked over and grabbed his shoulders and began to massage them. I stopped before I got carried away. “Sit.” I said. He walked over to the black leather couch and lay on his stomach. I followed him and then began to massage his back and shoulders. Before long he was fast asleep so I took him up stairs and put him in my bed. I sat in a corner and watched him. Letting my thoughts wonder.

****

I must have sat there a good hour when Josh began to toss. I walked over to him, he was sweating very badly. I ran to the bathroom and wet a cloth, brought it back and laid it down on Josh’s forehead. He stilled a bit and I decided to lay with him and hold him while he slept.

I ended up dosing off and was woken by a loud beeping noise. I looked around before I realized it was Josh’s cell phone. It woke him before I could get to it. He sat up and stretched with a yawn following right behind it. I grinned at him. He then reached into his pocket and grabbed the now quiet cell phone. He flipped it open and looked at the screen, I noticed him scowl first then after a few seconds he scowled even more and then I watched as his fingers moved very fast on the touch pad without him having to look at it. I laughed a little and he looked up from what he was doing to raise a brow at me. “Yes?” He asked. I shook my head.

He continued to finish what he started and shut the phone in a single minute. “Wow you people these days. Know how text without looking at the screen.” I smiled. “So what was that about if I may intrude?” I said. “Me and you are going out tonight, a club in the next town over.” He said. I nodded. “What’s so bad about it?” I asked. “Oh you’ll see when we get there. We aren’t suppose to leave until seven and right now it’s four forty-three.” He said. I nodded again. I was very curious as to what was going to happen and who we were meeting at the club.