Chapter 27

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to think. I just sat there staring at her. Staring at the blood puddle next to her that was growing bigger and bigger. I completely ignored my father standing there. It's like time just stood still. Kelly was gone. She was really gone.

The more I thought about it, the more the anger rised. Who would do a thing like this? A monster. My father. I shot up from the floor and turned to face my father. I was shaking from anger.

"Your dead." I whispered. He smirked at me. That just made me even madder. I ran at him, full speed. He swung the knife at me, but missed by an inch. I swung my arms around his waste and tackled him to the floor. We both crashed on to the floor and the knife went spinning across room. We both struggled to unwrap ourselves from each other but I managed to get up first. I took of running but he tackled me.

We struggled on the floor against each other. There was suddenly a big bang. We both stopped and looked at each other in confusion. Who is interrupting our fight? The question was answered when the front door came crashing to the ground and a group of men in black came piling into the room with guns. Following them in was Drake.

"What is going on here?" My father shouted. The men didn't answer him. They walked up to him and grabbed him.

"Let me go! I demand to be let go this instant!"He kept on struggling but the men were not listening. I felt two warm arms wrap around my waste and lift me to my feet. I didn't turn to see who it was. I just stared at my father as the men tried to drag him out the door.

"It's over." The voice whispered in my ear. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kelly's body, now soaked in blood. Her blood. The blood my father had spilled.

"It's not over yet." I ripped myself out of the persons grip and grabbed the blood stained knife that was across the room. I took of running in the direction of my father. Guards were still trying to get him out. I didn't want him out though. I wanted him here. I stopped just in front of him. The guards took no notice of me, but my dad was staring at me blankly.

"It would be unfair on Kelly to have you live." With that I plunged the knife into his heart. The same arms from earlier pulled me away from him but I struggled against them. I had to do this. I needed to do this. For Kelly.

"LET ME GO!" I screamed at the person. The continued to drag me away from him. I watched as he sank to the floor, grasping at the whole in his chest. Guards were rushing to get help, but it was too late. It was obvious they couldn't save him. Just like they couldn't save Kelly.

"Calm down Molly." I recognised the voice now. Drake. I let the anger pour out of me and I sunk my head back against Drake's shoulder. He turned me around to face him. There was lots of emotions going through his eyes but I was to worked up to notice. The anger in my quickly turned to sadness. I gut wrenching sadness that made my heart drop. I let the sobs rack through my body. Drake pulled me in close to him and squeezed me tight against him.

"I am so sorry I wasn't here in time Molly." The way he said it pained me. He sounded broken. Like he was feeling the pain I was feeling. I felt comfort in the fact that I wasn't the only one feeling this. I need to share this with someone because I wont be able to alone.

"It's not your fault." I sobbed out each word. It felt like too much effort to talk. There was a pain in my throat that was stopping me from talking.

"It is though. I should of figured it out sooner." He whispered into my hair. This time I didn't even bother trying to reply. I just wanted to curl up in bed and pretend this was all a dream. A dream that was never going to happen. I just want it all to go away.

Drake's POV

I looked over at Molly asleep in the passenger seat of the car. She looked so peaceful. I reached over and moved a stray piece of hair away from her face. Her eyes were still blotchy red from crying. I cant blame her though. I could feel her pain. That kind of pain is worth crying for.

I remember walking in there. The smell of blood reached me from outside. I knew it wasn't Molly's but any smell of blood un-nerved me back there. When I saw Kelly I just couldn't believe it. That the King would do that. I don't know how Molly is going to deal with this.

But no matter what, I am going to be with her every step of the way.