Chapter 23

Drake's POV

I heard a loud crash from down the hall, intrupting my thoughts. What the hell was that? I stood up from my desk and opened my class room door. I listened to see what direction the noise had came from. I heard another loud crash and a scream. Not just any scream. Molly's scream. Panick and rage instantly took over me.

I sprinted as fast as I could to where she was. I could feel he fear, her terror, through our link. What was happening to her? I rounded a few corners until I came to the spot where I heard her. There was a massive whole in the wall and blood all over the place. I could feel the anger rising in me. This was Molly's blood. Who ever had done this to her I will kill as painfully as possible. That is a promise I swear to keep.

Molly's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and closed them again. The constant throbbing in my head was annoying and painful. The memories of my father surfaced to my mind. How could I have been so stupid? Did I really think he was just going to open his arms welcomily for me? It was too good to be true and I was stupid not to see it. I heard a small groan next to me which made me open my eyes. How could I forget about Kelly? I got her involved in my stupid mess. She was sitting on a chair in the middle of the dark room with her hands and legs bound to the chair.

"Kelly?" My voice cracked as I whispered her name into the darkness. This was all my fault. Please don't let her be dead...

"Hmm?" I could barley hear it but at least I knew she wasn't dead. I felt tears form in my eyes that were threatening to spill.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed. I tried to swallow them down but I couldn't manage to. It felt like to much effort just to hold them back.

"It's not your fault Molls." She croaked.

"It was my crazy dad that kidnapped us!" I sobbed. I shouldn't even be calling him dad. He was basically a stranger to me. A stranger that had it in for me.

"Dad?" She said louder. The more she spoke the more her voice came back.

"Yes. My dad. I only found out the other day. He tricked me Kelly. I really thought he cared. I thought he missed me..."I couldn't say anymore. I could feel another sob forming but I manged to hold it in.

"I'm so sorry Molly. He doesn't deserve you. Anyone would be lucky to have you as a daughter and his blind not to see that." She said. The warmth in her voice made question how I was lucky to have a friend like her. Tear streamed down my face. I wasn't going to have to be strong and get us through this. Kelly was right. I was going to act all sad because of him. He was worthless. He didn't deserved me and I don't deserve to have that monster as a father. No one did.

"Your right Kell. I'm gonna get us out of here you know." I said, my voice full of determination. If it was the last thing I do, we were going to escape.

"I know. I trust you Molls."She said. I could just about hear her voice cracking.

"Don't cry. I promise. Were going to get out of here." I whispered into the dark.

"I know. I just cant help but think that we wont. I just cant imagine not seeing Mark again. He may not want me but it doesn't change the way I feel about him. That may sound stupid but it's the truth." She sobbed.

"Its not stupid at all. I would feel the same way about Drake." I said. I imagined what would happen if I died. No more Drake. It felt weird thinking like that. I didn't think I would be saying this, or at least not this early. I have hardly had any time with him an I was already being taken away from him. What would Drake do if I died? I shook the horrifying thoughts away. I cant afford to think like that. I refuse to think like that. I was going to make sure that Kelly would see Mark again. I was going to make sure that I saw Drake again.

"What do you think their doing right now? She questioned. How long had we been gone? A few hours maybe? Someone would of noticed our absence by now surely.

"Probably tearing the school apart looking for us." I said with a smile. I had hope that they would come for us.

"I hope so." Kelly said. I could hear the doubt in her voice.

"I know so." I whispered.