Chapter 10: Figuring her out...

Aiden's P.O.V.

Shutting the door behind me I let out a grunt. "Why is she so difficult?"

Brayden turned around. "Do you blame her Aid? If I were her and woke up in a strange place with two men in the room I would be scared. Let's not talk about the fact that you were being a dick to her." he said snapping at me.

"How was me telling her the truth being a dick? Huh? She wanted answers so I gave it to her. I would to anyone who asked." I replied getting irritated by my brother. He's always known to be the understanding one while I am the cold- hearted one.

"Yes, but did you have to snap at her and insult where she lives?"

Cocking my brow I shook my head and walked passed him. "I wasn't lying. She does live in a rat hole. What I don't understand is why she wants to go back there." heading down the stairs with him behind me.

"I know that also Aiden, but you didn't have to tell her. You clearly insulted her and now she thinks we are f'ing snobs. We are trying to get her to trust and like us. Not hate us." hearing the frustration in his voice.

I continued walking towards the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. Once inside I walked up to the counter grabbing a mug then picked up the coffee pot and poured. I like it black so I just took a sip of it and leaned against the counter.

Brayden didn't say anything and just got a cup of coffee also. I know he was pissed at me but I wasn't going to apologize to him. Though I might apologize to her later.

Drinking our coffee in silence for a while I finally speak up. "She was having a nightmare before she woke up."

Brayden turned to me setting his mug down. "Did she tell you?" he asked.

"In a way." I respond setting my own mug down.

"Did she tell you what about? Was it about the other night?"

I shook my head no. "She mentioned something about thinking someone was on top of her. She said she thought a Joaquin and Julio were doing something to her like they used to..." I say trailing off.

"Joaquin and Julio? Who are they?" he asked curiously leaning against the counter as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"I asked but she kept quiet. I have a feeling that whoever those two are, they were the reason she ran away and also the reason why she doesn't let anyone touch her."

"Hmm, interesting. Maybe we could somehow find out who they are and maybe later she will trust us enough to tell us." Brayden said with hope in his voice. Always the optimist.

"I doubt it. She is so closed off, you can tell she doesn't like to share anything about herself. I just have a big feeling that those two did major damage to her when she was younger." I tell him as I have been thinking about it for the past thirty minutes.

"I have a feeling also Aiden. I just wonder how badly she was hurt." Brayden sighed as I was wondering the same thing.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Brayden was making breakfast while I was setting the table when I felt a presence behind me. Turning around I notice Isabel standing by the entrance of the kitchen glancing around until she turned and noticed me. I didn't say anything except look at her from head to toe. She was wearing a white long sleeve sweater and black leggings paired with black flat slippers. She looks so different from the uniform she wears at the restaurant.