Chapter 6: Hardly PDA

Start from the beginning

"She's dru-" I caught myself before I finished. "It's not important."

"Okay, well you wanna meet me somewhere?"

"Um no?" It sounded more like a question.

"Yeah anyway. This is part of your lessons."

"Oh really?"

"Of course. I'll pick you up in 10, okay?"

"Avery, i don't want to. It's late and i'm tired-"

*beep*

I looked down at my phone and saw it was back on my lockscreen. Did he really just hang up on me?

Sighing, I look down at what i'm wearing and realize it's what I wore to school. Rembereing it's what I fell asleep in. I walked to my closet and took off my clothes to replace it with sweats and a sweater. Putting on my converse and jacket, I grabbed my phone off my bed and walk to my mother's room. Seeing her passed out on the bed, I walk over and pull the blankets around her. After I finished, I went down to my living room and waited for Avery to get here.

Not then two minutes later, my phone alerts me with a message.

I'm here

That little sentence had my stomach churning. I still wasn't comfortable with him and to be honest, I was still embarrased about the agreement to the lessons we planned.

Sighing, I walk out to see him in his car. When I reached it, I had a hesitant feeling about it. I didn't know him. He's still a stranger to me, he could rape me for all I know.

"Are you getting inside or are you planning to stand there all day?"

Rolling my eyes, my hesitation melted into annoyance as I entered.

I don't know how people stand him.

"Where are we going?" I asked once he started to drive.

"The park."

"The park?" He has got to be kidding me.

"Yup."

"So you mean to tell me, you called me at 1 in the morning to go to the park?"

"Yup."

"Have you lost your mind?"

"No, I told you it's part of the lesson."

My stomach churned at that. And not in a good way. "What are we going to do?"

"You are going to learn how to be affectionate in public."

I didn't know how to respond. My mouth kept opening and as soon as it did, it shut.

The rest of the ride was silent. We arrived in a few minutes and parked on the now deserted street.

"How would this be considered public if theres no one around? This is hardly PDA."

"This is so you can be comfortable when there are people around."

"But it won't be the same because if you couldn't tell, there's no one here."

"Don't worry, I'll take you somewhere very... public." He smirked at that. Before I could respond, he took my hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh i'm sorry, did that make you uncomfortable?" He asked with a teasing smile.

Huffing, I replied. "No, I was just surprised. That's all."

"So come on, lets walk." And we started to. But with and awkward silence, well at least it was awkward for me.

"What's your favorite color?" The question took me by surprise.

"Um, I don't really have one."

"Why not?"

I shook my head. "You'll think it's stupid if I told you."

"I probably will," I rolled my eyes, "but that doesn't mean you shouldn't say it."

"What's the point? It wouldn't matter if you can't take what I say seriously."

"That's one of your problems. You care too much what people think. Just.. fuck them. Who cares?"

He did have a point in a way.

"Um, when I was younger I used to like all the colors but I didn't know them all so to make it fair, I just stopped I guess."

"What do you mean 'to make it fair'?"

"I don't know, I didn't want any of the colors to feel left out, so I just didn't pick a favorite." I expected him to burst out laughing about how cheesy it was, but he never did. Not at first, anyway.

"Aw! That's adorable. I wish I would've met you when we were kids. You seemed different."

"Yeah, well we still wouldn't have been friends."

"You don't know that. I mean, look at us now. Maybe we would of."

"Are you considering us friends?" A small smirk started to form on my face.

Shrugging, he answered. "I guess so. Why not?"

"I don't belive you." I spoke honestly, but I kept my voice light and laced with humor.

"You don't have to." He nudged me.

"You know, you're not so bad Avery."

"You thought I was?"

"Of course. When you act like you normally do. But I like you like this, nice and calm."

"I would like you better if you were in my bed but you don't see me complaining." He smirked and I felt my face heat up.

"I take that back."

"What's been said, has been said. It's too late to take back your words now." He laughed. I only rolled my eyes in return, but that didn't stop the blush from rising. And apparently he noticed. "You're blushing! You just can't get any cuter now can you?" He pinched my cheeks.

Slapping his hand away. "Shut up." I muttered but was drowned out by the sound of his laughter.

Oh, how this was going to be a long night.

.

.

.

.

.

YAY! UPDATE! FINALLY!

I'm sorry i kept you waiting for almost a MONTH. I'm truely horrible and i'm extremely sorry. School has just been overwhelming and when 'm not doing homework, i'm sleeping. What i could try to do is update maybe every 3-4 days with short chapters or about a week for longer chapters. TELL ME WHICH ONE YOU WOULD WANT D:

Anyway, leave a comment, it helps me know what you guys like and want to see and also lets me know who's reading. So please don't be an anon reader, i won't bite :)

ALSO, i will start to dedicate chapters to anyone who can make me smile in any way. (Comments, banners, song suggestions, jokes, etc)

I love you guys and be sure to comment, vote and enjoy!

Jessica :D

P.S. HAPPY VERY, EXTREMELY LATE THANKSGIVING AND A EARLY HAPPY HOLIDAYS