Chapter 16

Antwan's P.O.V

I blinked at her.

She blinked back at me, cocking her head to the side waiting for my answer.

I really didn't want to lie to her. Seeing that she been threw so much. Her puffy red eyes are staring into mine. I'm guessing they look like that due to her crying.

" It was all over the news." I lied.

" Even the part about the driver being a girl?" She questioned.

"No I just guessed that part." I replied quickly. She looked at me in disbelief but did not carry on the conversation any longer.

Truth is, I don't want to lie anymore. Not to her or to everyone else. And I know CJ is tired of lying also. They are such good people but we are not. I'm gonna need to talk to him when he wakes up. If he wakes up. I stop thinking about it and make my way to the cafeteria.

When I came back with food and drinks in each hand for me and Promise I saw the doctor approaching her . I got there just in time to hear the news.

" CJ Martin is okay. He needs his rest but he has nothing but a broken arm. Same goes for Jalen and Jayden Smith. Both of them are okay, just needs rest. As for Ms. Lauren Calum, she had a slight concussion but she is resting now and should wake up anytime soon. She seemed to hit her head too hard. Chris Taylor is fine. Just a broken leg, he also needs rest. Skylar is fine actually. Since she say at the very back and in the middle she only hit her head on the seat of front of her and a few glass shards hit her. Other than that she is fine. Courtney Adams will live. If you hadn't taken her out the car and done what you done when you did she wouldn't have made it. I'm sorry to say but her baby did not. We tried everything but we just couldn't. I am also sorry to say that Ms. Chasity Martin also did not make it."

Promise's P.O.V

By the time the doctor had finished talking I was shocked. How could he lie to me.

" No, no your lying. Chasity is okay. The baby is okay. Everyone is okay because the are. They just are." I said shaking my head.

" I'm sorry ma'am but I tr-" The doctor was cut short by me.

" Stop it, okay. Just STOP. She isn't dead. Alright. SHE IS NOT DEAD! SHE CANT BE!" I was in denial so much to the point where I didn't want to hear anything he had to say to me. I turned to Antwan. " She's not dead right?" I asked him more calm. He was just starring off into space, as if he were in his own little world.

Deep down in my heart and mind I knew the baby was dead. I didn't want to believe it tho. For the 3 months I've known Courtney we've become real close, like sisters from a different mister. She didn't deserve it. Neither of them did. I'm not even sure if a baby could be born so early. It probably wasn't that developed as of yet.

I turned back to the doctor with a tear going down my cheek. " She is not dead. But if she was to be dead, you didn't try you best. If I were you, I would turn around, go back to where she is, and use everything you go to wake her ass up. I don't care if you have to say 'Clear' fifty hundred times. Because if it just so happen on the 5001 try that she woke up, and you didn't try you will have hell to pay." I saw to him through gritted teeth.

He looked at me as if he were to say something like 'I tried my best but she cannot be revived '. So I looked at him with a death glare. You know that glare your mom gives you when she comes home and sees a sink full of dishes. Even though she told yo ass to clean them dishes before she got home. With that he turned around and and made his way through the double doors.

All that was on my mind was one simple four letter word.

Pray.

I got on my knees in from off the chair and propped my elbows up on the seat. Before I knew it Antwan did the same. I opened my eyes and looked at his also puffy ones, and he grabbed my hands.

"God, I know I don't talk to you as much as I should. I know my family isn't the greatest when it comes to jobs. I know I haven't always been an angel. I know I often get mad at you when I talk to you because I don't think you hear me. And I know haven't always agreed with your works, even though I couldn't see the bigger picture. But I am asking you to please take care of my friends. Please God. I swear I will do right by you. I will come and visit you most Sunday's and always be positive. I will do this all if in return you can grant me one wish. You can heal my friend and allow her to breath again. You know when people are in a garden and they always pick the most beautiful flowers first? Well you do the same. But God, that flower isn't ready to be picked yet. Not now, not in 10, 30, 50, or even so 100 years. Just please God. Please help my friend." I finished up the prayer.

A couple sobs now and then throughout it but when I was done was when the waterworks came rushing out my eyes. I sat up, my back leaning on the chair with my knees to my chest, crying my heart out. Antwan also shedding a shitload of tears. He scooted over, closing up the little space between us. Then he comforted me. His arms holding me so tight like I was a newborn he was afraid he'll drop. I felt safe in his arms, nonetheless. But too safe, kind of like how I feel in CJ's arms.

~

~

~

What A Chapter Huh ? Shit , Even I Can't Wait For The Next Update . Dedicated To D_the_Scorpio . See You All In A Week. XOXO

-Aaliyah