Borrowed Blazers Are More Comfortable

Start from the beginning

"Did she upset you!?" Saionji suddenly asks whilst rushing to Koizumi, somehow picking up on the change of mood. Thankfully the photographer shakes her head, ceasing the death glare which had fallen onto you.

"Nah, just a little tired." She replies, smiling to try and hide the sadness in her tone. Just as the dancer is about to pry further you reach the gym, causing her to head to the changing room.

Koizumi takes this opportunity to grab your wrist and she pulls you into the gym, which is completely empty. "Are you ok, Koizumi-san?" You ask once she lets go of your wrist. She looks a little hesitant; nursing her camera in one hand whilst a frown crosses her face.

"What do you think about the Reserve Course?" She asks, shuffling her feet a little. Your expression of concern turns to one of surprise as you try to think of an answer.

"I... um... I don't really know anyone there..." You start, thinking back to Hajime who had helped you on the first day. "But the one person I did meet was very nice!" You continue, a smile involuntarily spreading across your face.

"It's just... I want to meet up with one of my friends, but Reserve Course students can't enter this building." She explains, pulling out a chair from the back of the hall and placing it in front of the stage. "So could you go with me?" She asks as you go to grab a chair for yourself.

"Of course!" You earnestly reply, knowing that this would be a good chance to find Hajime and thank him. You sit in your chair whilst Koizumi sits in her own, a light silence falling over the empty room.

"Say, why don't you want to go with Saionji?" You question. But the response of Koizumi's raised eyebrow states the obvious; Saionji's superiority complex would probably rub her up the wrong way with the students. "Forget I said anything..." You mumble whilst rubbing the back of your head.

Koizumi laughs at this, her cheeks turning a slight shade of pink as her face lights up with a smile. You join in until Saionji walks on stage, her demeanour completely different from before. The silence is then disrupted by music as Saionji begins to dance.

You had to admit that, despite her foul temper and fouler mouth, she is an amazing dancer. Every movement flows into the next; there is no sign of disjointedness and it makes you feel happy. Her face remains neutral, losing all its usual malice and contempt, whilst she is constantly poised and elegant.

"I never realised she was this good..." You whisper to Koizumi who nods, her camera sometimes rising to take a photo or two. Once it's over, you find yourself clapping lightly as the dancer leaves the stage. You carry the chair back to where you had originally found it; stacking it on top of the others.

Koizumi, however, has other ideas as she grabs onto your wrist. "Come on, let's go!" She declares, pulling you out of the gym and out of the school building. By the time she comes to a stop, you are standing in front of the Reserve Course School which seems to have an unforgiving aura surrounding it. You shiver slightly, grabbing onto Komaeda's blazer for some comfort.

You notice that Koizumi has completely frozen up, a frown present on her face. "Koizumi-san... What's wrong?" You question, walking up to her side. She turns to looks at you with a slightly regretful look in her eyes.

"What if she doesn't want to see me?" The photographer replies, her voice shaking slightly. "I left her here, in this place," She continues, gesturing towards the school. "What sort of friend does that?"

You find yourself taken aback by her sudden confession, not sure of what to do. The photographer seems to take a step back, possibly to return to the main campus. "I'm sure she doesn't feel that way." You try to comfort Koizumi, who looks a little like a deer in the headlights. "You are a lovely person Mahiru-chan, I am sure that your friend is really excited!" You exclaim, watching as a small smile makes its way to her face.