Chapter 16

The crack of dawn broke through the night sky as I arrived back to Jaxson's pack. I climbed out of the car and ambled into the pack house.

I quickly dashed up the stairs nearly knocking into a chest, I glanced up and saw Jaxson or rather Clarke wearing Jaxson's skin. He glared at me however pushed by me.

"Stay here at the pack, Camille, you don't want to see your brother begging for his life." He uttered underneath his breath.

My eyes widened, I turned on my heels and smacked Clarke on the back of the head. He wasn't fazed as he gazed behind him to scold me.

"Camille, get ahold of yourself and wake up. Henson isn't a great brother anyways, he would have raped you if your adoptive parents hadn't forced him out of the house." He told me causing me to ball my fists.

I went to strike him again however he caught my hand and pushed it back down to my side.

"Henson might be crazed, but he's the only brother I've ever known and I'm not going to turn my back on him." I spat.

Clarke stared blankly into my eyes. "He's only going to hurt you in life and in death."

I scowled at him. "My dead brother takes over my mate's body to kill my adoptive brother. The only person hurting me is you, Clarke."

Clarke turned away and trudged down the steps, he didn't pause to glance back up at me. He knows he hasn't aided my life, he's only made life harder to bare.

Silently I slipped down the stairs and gazed out the glass front door. Man after man gathered and shifted for my brother who they thought was Jaxson. I reached for the doorknob expecting it to be locked, however it twisted underneath my hand.

I pushed the creaky door open for the breeze to brush my brown hair off my shoulders. Slowly I sauntered off the steps, surveying each and every wolf that dashed into the woods. All disappearing in the shrubbery and the large oak trees.

Clarke's tar black furry face slipped a sly glance at me. His men brushed by him as his eyes didn't waver from mine.

Even with Henson expecting the ambush, my stomach curled knowing Clarke could get his vessel hurt. Jaxson, the man I ran away from and despised. I've slowly began to develop a heart for the man. It wasn't his looks nor his status, but his heart that craved for mine. He never gave up, he never ran. Jaxson always brought me back to his pack no matter where I was taken or where I had ran off to.

I stared at his wolf, somberly thinking I'd never see his silky fur or those dark chocolate eyes. Deep within them, Jaxson slept unaware of my brother controlling his body.

Clarke turned his head away from me and ran, catching up with his men. My body became weak as suddenly I knew I couldn't wait patiently for the outcome.

Quickly I rushed back into the packhouse and up the stairs to Jaxson's room. I slipped his keys into my hand before dashing back down the steps. I won't wait for Clarke to come back bloody and torn, but prevent him from hurting his vessel.

I ran outside with the keys jiggling in my hand, a woman's voice called out for me catching me off guard.

"Luna Camilla, where are you going?"

I turned to see a middle aged woman heading my way with curious eyes. She surveyed me until her eyes stuck on the keys in my right hand.

"You mustn't go and witness that war." She told me. "Hun, it's not a woman's place especially the Luna's place."

I gave her a smile and nodded. I hoped agreeing with her would satisfy her. However she didn't seem to be falling for it.

"May I ask for your name?" I questioned being friendly.