Chapter 9

I ran down the stairs and I passed Zander on the way, he looked confused but, didn't question.

The office is downstairs, I remember what Drake had told me.

I heard deep voices as I came closer to the office. The basement was oddly comforting, with a pool table, a couch and a large screen tv.

Once I reached the door I slammed it open to see Jaxson enraged.

My brother has that effect on people.

"What is the meaning of this Jaxson?" I asked.

"This is just two Alphas talking." He sighed, calming down a bit.

"Yeah I see that but.... What is it you need to talk about?"

He clutched his jaw. "You."

I sighed. "Jaxson don't you get it, my brother will always be like this. Leave it alone."

Henson sat back and watched us fight.

"Camille, I will never be able to truly love you if I know another man is feeling you up!" He yelled.

"My brother isn't like that, his love has more of a meaning." I lied, knowing my brother does try to do that.

"Yeah right, he is your brother what is really normal about that."

"I'm adopted!" I hollered making the room fall into a dead silence.

My brother stood up and stared wide eyed at me like as if I shouldn't know.

"Yeah, he isn't my brother by blood. But, my sister is because she is my....twin."

I decided to lay it all out there, what do I have to hide from my mate.

I went to walk away but, Henson grabbed my hand.

"Let go, you two obviously need to talk." I said letting tears go.

"No, no we don't anymore."

Jaxson came around the table and ripped my hand out of Henson's and turned to him.

"If I ever see you touch my mate again, you'll wish you had hid Camille better." He seethed to Henson.

Jaxson pulled me out of the room leaving Henson grinning. Of course he wouldn't scare Henson, I'm the only one he's got that still loves him. He has no fears of me ever letting him go.

"Jaxson what the hell is wrong with you!" I yelled at him as soon as we stepped out onto the porch.

He rubbed his forehead. "It hurts me to find out another man has had his hands on you." He paused and sighed. "Your supposed to be mine."

We stood in silence as I stared into his eyes. "Jaxson...."

"Leave me alone." He grumbled walking off the porch and disappearing into the crowd.

I don't like my brother being like this towards me, I fight it every time but, barely have any success.

I heard the porch door open and Zander joined me.

"That didn't go so well." He said almost chuckling.

"This isn't funny, he hates my brother and I now know all Henson did was love me."

He nodded. "Your bother is always pushing things, he's impatient. That's why he always comes on to you so fast."

I was more focused on Jaxson, I don't want him to reject me all because my brother loves me. What happened to my brother will not happen to me.