Chapter 15

I shuffled underneath the covers of the bed while Clarke slept as far away from me as he could before he became like Henson. Clarke had decided to sleep on the couch, not far from the bed.

He didn't even stir as I ambled out of the bedroom on my tippy toes, the moon shine through the windows in the pack house as I dashed down a set of stairs to the front door.

My heart beat pounded within my ears as I looked around for Jaxson's car keys, usually he kept them....

My eyes widened as I realized I had to go back up the stairs where his car keys were, Jaxson kept them in his nightstand away from anyone in the pack from finding them.

I mentally kicked myself for not thinking of it when I had gotten out of the bed, I slipped back up the stairs and tip-toed into Jaxson's bedroom to find Clarke still asleep. He's chest rising and falling in a slow steady rhythm, he looked peaceful probably enjoying his rest that he craved as a ghost.

I slowly ambled over to the dresser and slide the drawer out to see the keys in the left corner, my hand grasped the cold keys with a smile curving my lips up.

The drawer slide back in with ease while I ambled out of the room with an elated feeling filling my chest.

He won't get away with this, I will make sure Clarke won't destroy Henson even if I hate Henson for forcing himself on me. I can't watch the brother I grew up to know die.

I ran towards Jaxson's black car and climbed in, my hands fumbling to get the key into the ignition. However the roar of the engine reassured me, I quickly pressed the gas and drove out of the pack with the bumps bouncing the car up and down.

Once I saw the dirt road I grinned to myself. I took a right and sped down the road toward Henson's pack.

He probably won't believe me about Clarkson, my blood brother who seems to want to fix everything in my life however....- no one can fix the problems in my life besides me, if I honestly wanted to leave Jaxson I could. Maybe I'll go back to the house I used to share with Henson. However then I'd just end up in his arms once again, like a vicious cycle.

I turned on the radio for music to blast out any lingering thoughts on my problems allowing me to feel free, I sang out loud to the lyrics as the singer blared them into the car.

The road to Henson's pack appeared in the distance as I continued to sing along to the radio. My heart pounded in my chest as my brain overtook the music and I thought about Henson dying, sure I've rejoiced the idea of him leaving my live permanently. Henson is the only brother I can remember; my family is limited to him and Ginger.

I took a sharp turn into his pack and sped down the smooth, paved driveway. The dense trees separated for my eyes to spot the lit up pack house.

Quickly I parked and jumped out, voices boomed from the pack house. I approached it quickly knowing of Clarkson's plans in the morning.

I knocked, a girl opened the door with a puzzled look; she scanned me up and down before a smile crossed her face.

"You're Alpha Henson's sister!" She spoke with extra sarcasm on sister.

I nodded. "Yes now where is my brother?"

She pushed the door open allowing me to walk in, guys chucked beer cans down on the carpet with a smirk. My eyes widened as a guy and girl pulled each other, pressing their lips and bodies together as if they were alone together.

"Ignore them now, they're celebrating a little win they had at our annual festival yesterday." The girl rolled her eyes and grabbed my arms, directing me up the stairs towards Henson. "Anyways, Our alpha should be up here in his room resting however I know he won't mind seeing you."