Chapter 20

Iris P.O.V.

The simplest way to put it, is that my mind was buzzing with thoughts. And these thoughts felt like they were coming from not only myself but other people as well. Truthfully, I felt like I was going insane.

My mom has been trying to call me all day for some unknown reason and I can't bring myself to call her back. She was stressing over something clearly and I didn't have the time for that. Harsh, I know. But the way to put it is I find that my mom likes to overreact. Like the fact that she banned my uncle from ever making contact with me. I know if was for my safety, but where does she stand to make that decision. And not that it even matters anymore, I was compromised into the gang world far too deep for them to ever let me go again.

I was a servant, a servant to the gangs. I was their personal toy for them to use and mess with. Something I have learned way too late. One thing I just don't get in all my situations is why Ryder chose me. Why did he choose me to mess with and not someone else with more or less experience.

Ever since that night at the restaurant, I've been going insane over and over. The thoughts wouldn't stop and I couldn't find it in myself to process them. One thought that for sure have been confirmed, is that he's back and is after me. When I had learned he was out of jail I freaked! I rushed out of Max's house so quickly just to meet with my uncle to make plans. But nope, he says he has it all under control. To me, it doesn't look like it's under control. In fact it looks far worse.

And what pisses me off the most is that my uncle promised to protect me and by doing so is keeping Ryder away from me. I trusted him, but that trust soon went flying out the window when the exact man who made my life miserable sat across from me at a local restaurant.

"I just want it to stop" I whispered into the air. Hoping my message flew to God and he may fix my problems. I knew that wouldn't happen though, this problem was something I have to personally fix. I jut don't know how yet.

Suddenly, I jumped a foot in the air. The school doors were opening and someone was walking out. I first expected it to be Max since he said he would meet me here after he was able to leave the office, but instead it was David. David, the same football player I had punched on my first day here.

David was silently cursing with himself, muttering things I couldn't hear. His back was facing me, meaning he hasn't noticed I was there. So as fast as I could I hid behind the side wall of the school building. Taking out his phone, he quickly dialled a number and held the cellular device next to his ear.

I couldn't hear most of the conversation but I could easily tell he was getting frustrated with the person on the other line. Shortly after he hung up and began walking towards the parking lot that was right across from the doors. I quietly crept closer to his previous spot, trying to get a good view of what he was planning.

I don't know what I was expecting but one thing I wasn't expecting for sure was David to jump into a car with Jake Holland. I internally cringed as I saw the familiar face I left stranded at a restaurant, merely a couple days ago. Believe it or not I still haven't got paid yet. The two boys drove out of the school parking lot to God knows where. Another question popped into my mind, what were David and Jake doing together?

One thing my uncle had taught me was to question everything around you and look for an answer. I sure have been questioning myself a lot, just not enough answering.

The door opened again and thankfully it was Max this time. I wouldn't know what to do if some other person walked out on me. Pull out a knife and question them?