Chapter 3

"Welcome to Milton High!" Was my first greeting of the day. The secretary cheerfully greeted me, and continued to pass me my schedule.

I nodded towards her not bothering to thank her. It's not like I want to be here anyways.

"Ok well I guess that's all" she noted. She awkwardly went back to her computer typing away.

I stayed at my spot in front of her desk, waiting for her to realize what she missed. I let out a tiny cough, showing my impatience.

The secretary took in a deep breath of frustration and looked back at me. "Yes?" She asked, her tone holding annoyance yet she tried to cover it away with a fake smile.

"How about a locker?" I asked matching her tone, except I didn't try covering it.

The secretary let a blush creep her cheeks from embarrassment. She hurriedly handed me another sheet of paper. A locker number and combination. Finally.

"Thank you" I said before walking out of the office.

Luckily the halls were not filled with the whole population so I was able to quickly search for my locker.

231... No

232...Not yet

233...Bingo

Grabbing the lock on the locker I began spinning the combination.

12-34-5

The lock made a tiny click, signalling me I was able to go in.

"So you're the new girl I presume" A voice chirped beside me.

"Depends who's asking" I replied, not looking in the speakers direction.

I heard a locker shut beside me "You know it's rude to talk to someone and not look at them"

I shrugged "I never really cared for politeness"

I finished putting everything in my locker and only took the books I would need for my first period.

"Honesty that's a start" Annoyingly, I turned to the direction of the speaker. There stood in front of me was a guy. A hot looking guy might I add but that's besides the point.

I looked him straight in the eyes "Is there something I can help you with? Or are you just planning on wasting my time"

He grabbed his books from the locker beside me, which I was guessing was his.

"No just wanting to catch the beautiful girl eyes before anyone else"

I gave him a flat look "Is that the best you can do"

He steered the conversation in a different direction "How about a name for a start"

"Iris Smith" I replied before walking in the direction of my class.

The guy started following me "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl" he chirped "My name is Jake Holland"

"Cool"

"Wow you don't like to socialize I presume" He noted as we both walked down the halls to my new boring school which I hope I don't have to stay here that long.