02 - heather, the great white shark

.

A/N :

.

Just to make it clear guys, Ashton is not dead as of now!

The preface, (the first part) where you saw Veronica writing in her diary, was only a sneak peek further into the book

the first chapter titled 'the beginning' is literally in the beginning where she meets Ash for the first time, that's why this is all written in past tense, and that's why Veronica sometimes speaks as if she's telling a story!

Hope that clears it up :)

- Mia x

.

.

________________________________

.

.

The past few days, I wasn't myself.

If I was a different person looking at myself, Veronica Sawyer, herself, i would feel damn sorry for her.

I would see her ghost, how it would literally be torn from her vessel.

And if I was seriously going to get anymore sappy and heartfelt, I'd tell Heather Chandler to slit my throat herself.

Why did I do that to Luke? Of all people, why did Heather have to bestow her curse onto the nicest guy at Monroe High?

Oh the humanity. I could hear her sarcastic high pitched voice already ringing in my dead brain.

Clearly it's been dead. I've had far too many diet cokes the past few weeks.

First it was Heather Chandler who started the trend, then Heather Duke, who was a loyal follower, and then finally, Heather McNamara.

I mean if you paid enough attention, you could see who was the most obsessed with Heather Chandler by who liked her instagram photo first.

The two clearly only wanted to have Heather Chandler's respect, I on the other hand had no idea what I wanted.

All I knew was that I've had far too much of Heather Chandler, her murdered bleached hair, and her red mini skirts.

Suddenly, I was rethinking my picture perfect life, and my attention seeking, dragon like friends.

What if I never became Heather Chandler's test subject? What if she never saw me on the first day of freshman year?

I would have probably been the sweet and angel like child I was in middle school. The one who would never emotionally victimize a kid based on the unrealistic social ranking of the school.

"Veronica? What the hell has gotten into you?" McNamara widened her eyes at me, her red hair burning brighter today.

Maybe it was just the sunlight, the blinding, seeping sunlight.

''What?'' I sighed, clearlry exasperated and slightly nauseated from the smell of perfume coming from all three Heathers.

It was Wednesday, and I was tired as hell.

"Did you have brain damage, or is it your ear drums? It's time for the lunch time poll." Chandler rose her her eyebrows, clenching the brown clipboard to her fake boobs.

I knew they were fake, only because she had recently gotten them bigger through plastic surgery last week.

Flat chests are so '76. There it is again, the sound of Heather Chandler haunting me even in my mind.