"But I like your first name." He sat up and smoothed his hair down.

          "And I like my middle name." I helped him flattened the few pieces that still stuck out on his head. I changed my focus to his eyes, one of my absolute favorite things about him. I could practically drown in them, right next to his dimples that he had that only showed when he smiled a certain manner. It was his genuine smile, which was what he had on now. "It's been way too long for you to know that I prefer Autumn over Primrose."

          "No, it's been way too long that I haven't realized I could've bothered you about it years ago. You've been calling me Lucas since the day we met, it's only fair." He snickered as I let my chin drop to hide my smile. As gentle and cautious Luke had been towards me with his actions, his words never failed to amuse me. Luke was very sarcastic and very snippy, but he's never actually hurt my feelings. Unless it was something dumb that I got over in a matter of hours.

          I threw my hands up in defense and gave into him. "Alright, alright." I stared back up at the familiar pale blue eyes and agreed to his request. "I'll stop." He smiled back at me and got off my bed, turning in a full circle as if he was looking for something but forgot what he was looking for.

          He was exceptionally tall. Me being 5'3", he had about whole foot over me. His broad shoulders didn't make me feel any better about it. With this then brings me to the fact that there was no denying that he was good looking. From his wavy blonde hair to the blue eyes to his dazzling smile. The fact that he was oblivious to his charm made him a whole lot more appealing. I'm not saying that I would pounce on him, I'm just saying that he was definitely easy on the eyes. Girls were basically throwing themselves at him, but he was too naive to take advantage of the gift.

          "Are you ever to get the red put back in your hair?" He asked abruptly. His head was tilted to the side, but it was just almost unnoticeable. I squinted my eyes at him, not really sure why he was asking this question. It was weird since I was just thinking about his own appearance. I wondered if we were thinking about the same things. I then took a piece of my hair and twirled it around it around my finger, examining the smooth fade from dark brown to a cool blonde.

          "I don't think so," I answered after a moment, scrunching up my nose. I rocked a red tint in my hair for years, but I needed a change once we moved up here.

          "And why haven't you changed out of that?" He suddenly asked, referring to my outfit that I went out with Ellis in this evening. A blouse and skirt wasn't my typical attire. I assumed Luke had taken that fact as I was uncomfortable. 

          "Why do you keep asking me questions?" I waltzed towards my drawers, pulling out a t-shirt and pajama pants. I swiveled around only to bump right into his chest. I got knocked back by surprise and took a step back. "Get out." I plainly said, attempting to move him from his stance in the middle of my room. I pushed on his side with my shoulder, but he stood his ground. I huffed and gave up once I realized he wasn't budging. "Please?" I said sweetly and he just smiled politely down at me. I frowned in return and tossed my clothes on my bed. "Do you want to see me naked?" I blankly asked. He raised his eye brows and faintly turned his head to the side.

          "It's not like I haven't-"

          "Alright, that's enough." I dragged my words, finally pushing him out once he cooperated with me and moved his feet. I held the door open as he fixed his gaze on me.

          "I can't believe I'm getting kicked out of a room in my own home," he said. I scoffed at his dumb statement and shook my head as I watched his smile grow.

          "Shut up." I shut the door on him, walking away from his meaningless rambling about how I'm mean and he's always so nice to me. I ignored him and tugged at the tight clothes on my body. I zipped my skirt down at tossed it into my laundry hamper, not even aware that I had completely missed. I pulled my sheer top over my head, but stopped once I realized it wasn't moving any further over my head.  I tugged once more, groaning at the apparent complexity of my shirt. "Luke," I sheepishly called out. He began speaking through the door again before intruding.

          "What do you-again?" I looked over my shoulder to see him looking rather unimpressed. I awkwardly grinned as I gripped the blouse tightly to my chest in fear of it falling down or ripping. He looked up dramatically and shuffled towards me. Once he came close enough, his hands pried at the top that was stuck in the clasp of my bra. His cold fingers caused me to wince. "You have a loose thread on one of the buttons in the back," he stated, still fumbling with the fabrics.

          "Thanks." I nodded my head as he continued to work on the string. He briskly flicked my shoulder once, making me jump. "Ow!" I yelled out.

          "Stop moving," he mumbled. He was able to unlatch the thread from the hook and let it lay loose on me. Without word I pulled the rest of it over my head and grabbed the t-shirt off my bed. "You wear that shirt constantly and almost every time I have to come and get it unstuck for you," he said in a motherly tone. He even had the crossed arms.

          "You sound like my mom when she tries to lecture me." I chuckled as I poked my head through the neck hole of the shirt. I smoothed it down as Luke's eyes watched my motion before glancing back up to me.

          "Is that my shirt?" He questioned with a slight irritated tone. I blushed slightly as I looked down to read a bold yellow 'Nirvana' written across the top.

          "Well maybe if you didn't make me do your laundry we wouldn't have this problem," I said matter-of-factly as I placed my hands on my hips. 

          "You should be ashamed of yourself," he grumbled in a joking tone.

         Living with him was definitely a chore, but I genuinely enjoyed it. I'm beyond grateful for being able to have this friendship and not let it affect with my relationship with Ellis either. In just a few weeks we were going to be attending the same college, taking the same classes, and taking such a major step in our lives. There was nothing more exciting than taking on the world with the two of the most important people in your life.

-

A/N:

HI IVE SEEN SOME CONFUSION ABOUT THE AMERICAN SCHOOL SYSTEM I USE IN THIS CHAPTER: in america there's four years of highschool! freshman year is 9th grade, sophomore year is 10th grade, junior year is 11th, and senior year is 12th which is their last year before going off to college/a university

i'm excited :------) tell me what you think of it, i wanna know!!!!!

this is kind of on hold as of right now, i'll update whenever really, but it'll mostly get going after i finish walls! thank you if you're reading btw, i really appreciate it :,-)