A year later, just after freshly turning sixteen, I learned that Luke is actually very sentimental and will cry when his cat that he's had for only two days goes missing. Despite him being the same age as me and "mature" for his age, I let him come over at 10 o'clock on a Tuesday night and I comforted him while he acted that his life was in shambles. His cat turned up a few days later on his front porch. Then three months later she unexpectedly had six kittens, which one of them I still own two years later. That night my parents came home early from a fancy dinner and found Luke's head in my lap, sleeping peacefully. I lied to my parents and told them that he was gay and that it was completely okay, but then I had to fess up the next week when they overheard me talking to him over the phone about how he had finally kissed the girl of his dreams.

          The next year I started dating a boy named Ellis and Luke started dating a girl named Caroline. Caroline wasn't very nice, to put it in the most polite way, and they ended up breaking up three months later after she yelled at him for spending time with me. He was upset over the falling out of his relationship, but he would never let a girl come in between our friendship. Now as for Ellis and I, we're still together. It's been a year and a half and things are still going pretty strong. He makes me so happy and Luke and him are friends too. He never commented on how close Luke and I were, but I think he understood the point that we had a completely platonic relationship.

          Our last year of high school, Luke invited me to stay the weekend at his house. I gladly accepted since I had done it so many times before. I showed up half an hour before I originally intended to and ran into his room only to hear him in the shower singing out some song I had never heard before. Now, at first, I didn't realize it was Luke singing. I thought that the actual song was playing and I just couldn't hear the background music until he turned the water off and there wasn't any instruments playing. I was shocked at his incredulous talent that I stayed put in front of his opened bathroom door and just listened to his vocals. That was also the day I accidentally saw Luke naked.

          Let's fast forward to now. We're in our shared apartment in New York, both attending a small college in Manhattan for the upcoming fall semester. At first, I was weary to tell my boyfriend. He had moved into his older brother's home about fifteen blocks down and was extremely understanding when he found out the circumstances we were under. Ellis was accepted into some fancy school a few miles out of town. It was a kind of thing that only happened in books.

         Luke disappeared back into my room. I had always wondered why it had to be my room that was the hot spot for hanging out. I rolled my eyes and followed him, sliding my feet across the carpet that I'm sure that I would've like more if it was the late 70s. I lingered in my door way as he had seemingly vanished from my room. I took a look around in hopes to find him hiding in an obvious spot. I stopped once I realized that the multiple lumps of blankets on my bed were moving up and down slowly. He had obviously been terrible at trying to keep things as believable as possible. He was a sucker when it came to this game.

          "Hmmm," I hummed loudly as I tiptoed towards my bed. "I wonder where Lucas could be." I tapped my chin with my pointer finger and hovered over the edge of my bed. His blonde hair was peaking through two blankets that he failed to overlap. I took it upon myself and jumped right on top of him. "Gotcha!" I yelled as I clung to his body. He yelped and flailed his body in hopes to shake me off of him, but I wasn't letting go without a fight. Our childish laughter rang through our ears as we rolled across the queen sized bed, getting tangled in the mess of blankets.

          "Please stop calling me Lucas," he said after we were able to catch our breath. 

          "I'll stop calling you Lucas when you stop calling me Primrose." I folded my arms across my chest as I giggled at his request. This was one thing we shared, embarrassing first names. We adored each others and I've always known he hated his, I just recently confessed to him that I despised it and since then, I've heard it everyday.