Chapter 4: I've Been Replaced

"I hate this! I feel like a purse pooch!" I groaned.

"You look beautiful" Jonghyun assured me, kissing my hand gently. I blushed and pushed him away playfully.

"You stop it" I ordered.

"You first" he chuckled.

"But she's not doing anything" Taemin tilted his head to the side.

"I'll stop accentuating your beauty when you're not beautiful anymore" Jonghyun clarified.

"Oh!" they all laughed. We were off on the tour bus, on our way to their next concert. I was eager to be there and listen to them sing again, but amongst all the excitement one seemed really upset. I confronted him and sat beside him, tapping his shoulder.

"Are you alright Onew?" I blinked.

"Just fine Crystal.. Are you?" he asked, bitting his lip.

"Well yeah im fine!" i smiled. "But you look like a ghost! You can tell me what's bothering you.. I wont tell anyone" I swore.

"Oh but I cant... Just know that even if he doesnt care.. I do" he looked up at me sadly. This boy was always like this around me.. Why I couldnt comprehend. Atleast not yet.

"Okay Onew... I understand" I looked back at him.

"Good..." he trailed off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-At The Concert-

We arrived five minutes before it was to start, running to get inside.

"Why so late?!" the owners of the place demanded.

"we had to stop for- Does it matter?" Minho chuckled as they ran to get dressed. I stood beside the door, waiting for them patiently. They ran out, mic's in hand and giddy with excitement. I couldnt help but smile when they all ran back to me.

"Good luck guys-"

"Yes, good luck! Especially to you Jonghyun!" another girl chimed. I turned to her, twitching as she was rude enough to cut me off.

"Thank you so much Melissa" he chuckled, kissing her hand. I stared at him, truly confused by what he was doing. I turned to the others, bewildered out of my mind. Could he really trade me this easily? Onew shook his head and looked away. Then I finally understood.

They ran on stage, and sang their hearts out for atleast an hour for their fans, and for once in my life, I couldnt bare to listen. Was I really such a fool to think a guy like him honestly cares? He barely knew me, much less could he have loved me by what he learned in a few short minutes. Melissa swayed and didnt utter a word to me. I was desperate for a sign to say I was wrong, that he did some how care for me and that I wasn't being traded in so easily.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-Backstage-

"So Crystal what did you-" Onew began.

"Yes, what did my two favorite girls think?" Jonghyun interrupted.

"I thought-"

"I thought it was marvelous! You were so amazing up there Jonghyun" Melissa blushed. I couldnt watch him fawn over her, I attempted to walk away, only to be caught by my wrist.

"Crystal where are you going?" Jonghyun inquired.

"To... Get some water" I covered up.

"Well no worries! We have people for that" he chuckled pulling me closer. "Minho go get her some water"

"What why me?" he pouted.

"Now" Key glared.

"Fine" he sighed, running off. Jonghyun wrapped an arm around me and for a split second I felt assured... But when he pulled her closer than I was... My heart sank. I pushed him away and walked to Onew, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you... For sparing my feelings" I whispered. I turned to Taemin and Key, giving them each a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

"Crystal what's wrong?" Taemin frowned.

"Nothing Taemin, and its nothing to do with you" I smiled slightly. "You guys were great friends to me when I needed them." Key frowned deeply and hugged me tightly when I hugged him.

"Im sorry" he mumbled. I shook my head and looked at the floor.

"I'm really going to miss you guys.. Especially you three" I smiled.

"What are you talking about?" Minho tilted his head to the side, handing me the water.

"Ahh Minho... I must appologize.. I really do like your voice, you're very talented. And your heart's in the right place" I smiled, hugging him. "You were like an older brother to me.." I pulled away and walked backwards, the opposite direction of them, but still looking at them.

"Bye! I love you guys" I waved, but then stopped when he spoke.

"Crystal where are you going?" Jonghyun puzzled. I stepped up to him and opened the water bottle.

"Home" I smiled widely. "Thank you so much for the water, but you look like you're thirsty! You deserve it more" I smiled innocently, raising it to his lips. Just as he was going to drink it, I moved it quickly, turning it and pouring it on his head.

"Crystal what are you doing?!" he gasped.

"Teaching you a lesson!" I glared. "You're disgusting! You're a pig! And I'm stupid for believing what the magazines said!" The others kept quiet and smiled slightly, but Jonghyun glared at me with all the power of the sun in the rage in his eyes.

"Goodbye you guys! Melissa you should stick around until the next concert... And Onew! Thanks for helping me bring my bags here. My cousin Jasmine will be here to get me soon" I smiled, grabbing the suitcases by the handles. With that I held my head up high as I left, but all of that changed when I got to Jasmine's.