Changing, Goodbyes, and More Bad News

The change. Something that I didn't want but for some reason was given. Changing into a shapeshifter or a monster. The pain that came with the change is indescribable, the only thing I know of how to describe it is to peel your skin off and to be lit on fire. That is how intense my pain was and much more. My head felt like it was unattached to my body giving me a sense of out-of-body experience.

Pain. It became my whole world within seconds and managed to tip the balances of my life. I cannot tell you of all the things I experienced during my change, just know that the pain was intense and that blood was everywhere. When I opened my eyes I could see every tiny detail, I could hear all the voices and every breath, I could smell the fear they were feeling. I got up on my feet... or I should say paws. I ached and was breathing very hard. Finally, the voices were familiar and began making sense as they were talking to me.

"Cydnie! Shit, we didn't know the change would be this soon... I don't know if she is ready to have her own pack and be an alpha! Or if she realizes just how much power she owns that everyone will want!" Daren kept going on like this, freaking out quite literally. "Daren, shutup! She is fine, bled all over the damn place but is fine. The only thing that I see that is out of the ordinary is that she shifted into a tiger which is rare but look she's fine." Damen and Derrick were trying to calm Daren down and obviously were telling me what I had shifted into at the same time. What was so weird about shifting into a tiger? Was it wrong? That would be my luck to be chosen to shift into an alpha that the Elders have given their blood to in order to see me rise and to screw it up by shifting into the wrong animal for the job.

I growled at them, desperate to know if I was suppose to be some other animal... if my shift meant I wouldn't be an alpha and they would have to start this little experiment again. Derrick looked at me and called Alec, Alex, and Andria into the hall. They were in the dark about Quinn and my change and probably that after Damen left, they would have to hire a drywall guy to fix their wall. Alex smiled at me, quite happy with the outcome while Andria started cheering and Alec just nodded his head. I growled again, my mind was going into over-drive on this thing and if they didn't tell me that my shift animal was fine and wouldn't affect anything then that would be greatly appreciated at this time.

Alex nodded, "Yes stop freaking out. It's absolutely confusing for me to read your thoughts when they are that random. No, your animal is perfect. A tiger shifter hasn't been known of for a long time and for you to be able to shift into one is amazing. Of course, this means that most likely, your pack will be big cats, like lions and leopards. Yes, this also means your extremely short training and teaching will be stopped because of your animal instincts, they will know what to do and what should be done. This means that you get to go home and pick your pack. This means that more crazies will come after you but no worry you will be fine. Any thing else that I didn't catch?" I looked at him stupidly, how the hell do I change back? He smiled, "Just think of your human self and when your human, if you get pissed enough or if you concentrate on your animal you will shift back into your animal... simple."

I did as he said and shifted back into myself, they already had clothes set out and let me get dressed before turning back around. With each Elder staring at their successful experiment, I felt like a freak show. Not only had I helped kill Quinn, the rage that consumed me had sparked my shift, meaning I was now officially a full-blood shapeshifter. "Fantastic. Absolutely stellar. So I can go home? Wait, pick me pack? I have to hand pick a pack? Can't you do it for me?"

Andria shook her head, "Nope, honey, that job is all yours! YOU pick YOUR pack. It's the way you make yourself and the other pack members stronger.... strong hand-picked members mean a stronger bond between the Alpha and the pack."

Damn it. "So who do I choose? Anyone at random?" Alec smiled, "Of course not! Just follow your animal instinct, like we said that's all you'll need." Great. Awesome. Superb. And that was all sarcasm, this sucks. This sucks extreme ass.

I just nodded like an obedient child. "Okay, so when can I go home?" They all frowned, obviously in the two days that I had stayed here, I had grown on some people. "Well," Andria started, "you can leave whenever you want, now that you've changed."  Derrick nodded, "It's better if you've left, the Elders have made many enemies in our land and once they learned of you, they'll be after your every step." Daren smiled sadly, "Yeah, you need to leave. But, we will all visit you once your more situated." Damen smiled with his fangs, as his arm slowly slid around Daren's waist, "I'll be visiting as well, with Daren of course."

"This is goodbye for now." All three Elders said at once. At first, I was confused, at least I was until the room literally was spinning before my eyes and my body was once again, having the out-of-body experience. I was really beginning to hate that experience. That and blacking out. Yeah, really beginning to hate blacking out.

I awoke in my bed. Perfectly comfortable, and no sign of any supernatural weirdness. Maybe it was all a dream? Maybe it was something I ate and was allergic to? Maybe I'm going crazy? Yeah, I was probably going crazy.

I got up and walked into the bathroom. Unfortunately for me, I was neither crazy nor was that a dream or cause of something I ate. My eyes were an ultra green, one that was a neon sign to the 'I'm not human' association. Closely examining everything showed me that my teeth were sharper and more to a point. My finger nails were sharp as well, and my ears were more to a point, kinda like an elf. Those were gonna be hard to cover up. Feeling something on my shoulder made me take off my shirt, to see a tattoo of some kind. It was a stunning spiral shape with claws coming off the side and a cats eye in the middle, it was also a deep green color, much like my eyes.

Taking a deep breath, I let my mind clear and focus. I was sure of 2 things. One, I needed to hide my new features and abilities and two, I needed to find and pick my pack. Right then and there, I couldn't help but think back to what Andria and them said about my new found powers. That was I was changed, more monsters will be coming after me. That thought led to the conversation about mates and I hoped with all my shapeshifting awesomeness that I had someone who wasn't into anything bad.

I'm now thinking that Spiderman's uncle had it right to a tee, with great power comes great responsibility, and I was about to test that theory in all aspects of ways. First things, first though, I had school tomorrow.

Dearest people of people, <3

I appologize! The only thing I have to say is that school is the ultimate time user and it sucks! SO sorry! I will try try try to update faster next time! Much faster, like speed racer fast! So please be patient with me and once again thank you and once again mistakes are my own.

Love <3 <3 <3

Tazzy