The Truth

I walked down to dinner with Daren half a step behind me. The tour that he took me on had been forever long because this place was the size of freaking Austrailia! He told me along the way that my life was about to get a heck of a lot more complicated than before. He also said that since I needed to know what was going on, that the Elders were going to explain what they could at dinner tonight. I had a weird feeling that I was most likely going to become a part of this big secret of theirs.

Thankfully, someone had somehow gotten a hold of my wardrobe, so I wouldn't have to wear the stupid dresses that Andria had placed in the closet. I know she will be kind of dissapointed but dresses and I just don't see eye to eye.

I paused at the grand entrance to their dining room... yeah they have a 'grand entrance'. I heard Andria's voice already babbling incoherently but I could make out some parts of what she was saying, "Do you think she will come down? What if she doesn't? Do you think we freaked her out?" I smiled she wanted me to like her and she was nicer than the others... well other than Daren.

Daren laughed, he heard her too, "Are you ready for this?" I suddenly felt nervous and swallowed, nodding, "Yeah, as ready as I'll ever be." He opened the door for me and we walked in. Instantly Andria stopped her babbling, while everyone else's attention snapped to us. As soon as I was seated she seemed to unfreeze, "You made it! I thought you wouldn't come down but you did!" Alec and Alex both winced at the volume of her yelling but smiled at me. Derrick finally put his hand over her mouth stopping the screaming and saving all of our ears from becoming deaf. We all burst out laughing however when she grimaced visibly.

"Okay, okay!" Alec said trying to get our attention, "Hey, okay well I think we should probably start being serious and explain some things or we will be up all night." I immediately stopped my laughter having a nervous breakdownin my head. Daren noticed my instant freeze because he placed his hand on mine that were in my lap. He was trying to make me feel better but I was still freaking out.

I took a deep shuddered breath and calmed myself, "What are you? What is all this stuff about an animal? And why am I here?" Andria sighed and Alex smiled weakly at me. Alec started talking first, "The animal we keep talking about is well, your animal. What I mean by that is well.... we are shapeshifters." My breath caught in my throat but he kept going, "Your are a shapeshifter too, well you will be when your animal takes place. Since your in between your change you can't protect yourself because you cannot control yourself, hence, the need for a guard.What I mean by you can't control yourself, is the way your emotions are. I'm sure you've noticed that whenever you're excessively angry your senses become hyped and you are more aware of the little things. Your emotions are also wacked, you have no control over what you get angry at either. When you do finally shift you will be extremely angry, it will help the shift along, then as you know well already, the pain comes. The final shift will be the most angriest and painful shift."

I was reeling in this new information, I was a freaking shapeshifter! I was somehow part of the supernatural world that everybody said doesn't exist. I just didn't know what animal I'll shift into or anything about shapeshifters for that matter. Alex cleared his throat, obviously it was his turn to speak, "As we have told you we are called the Elders. Alec, Andria, and I are the originals. We are what you call the main, or royal family of shapeshifters. Naturally, we are among the most powerful and feared creatures in our world."

"In your world, you mean there are other supernatural things and beings?" I voiced my thoughts. Alex stared back at me with eyes of complete seriousness, "Yes almost everything that humans believe is not real, most likely is. Vampires, shapeshifters, werewolves, even as far as ghosts. They all exist and they are all very dangerous. Shapeshifters are the most poplulous supernatural, next to vampires. We get along with both although there are the sucidal ones that like to piss us off. Shapeshifters are also territorial, and dependant upon their pack for certain things. If your an Alpha, you are immune to several things that others in your pack are not."