THE TRUTH CAN BE A HARD PILL TO SWALLOW

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"I can understand that. It makes sense to me," Othello admitted.

"It is surely the will of Allah. All praise due to Allah," Khan said, pleased.

"Can we move on to your next issue with Muslims?"

"Yeah, ok. I'm looking forward to this one," Othello replied, truly interested.

"I hope I can live up to your anticipation," Khan replied. "Your second issue was that Muslims oppress, debase, and abuse women. Is that correct?"

"Yes. And this one is too evident for you to get around," he replied confidently.

"Ok, Mr. Greene," Khan smiled. "Let's see what Allah says in His Book. Ahmed, pull up Surah al A'raf ayat 189."

"Yes, Khan." the computer replied, pulling up the requested verse.

Khan once again recited the verse in Arabic and repeated it in English: "'It is He who created you from a single soul and from it made its mate, that he might find tranquility in her.' You see, our father Adam lived in Paradise with all of his needs attended to. But he was the only human and yearned for a mate that would make him complete. A very knowledgeable companion of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) named ibn Abbas relates that Adam fell asleep and when he awoke, he found a woman, whom God had created from his rib, sitting beside him. 'Who are you?' he asked her. 'A woman,' she replied. 'Why were you created?' he asked. 'That you may find tranquility in me,' she replied. Then the angels asked Adam. 'What is her name, O Adam?' 'Hawwa.' he replied. 'Why is she called Hawwa?' the angels asked. 'Because she was created from something living,' Adam replied. Ahmed, pull up al Baqara ayat 187," Khan requested.

"Yes, Khan."

"'They, women, are clothing for you and you are clothing for them.' Ahmed, pull up al Baqara ayat 223."

"Yes, Khan."

"'Your women are fertile fields for you, so come to your fertile fields, however you like. Send good ahead for yourself and be fearful of Allah. Know that you are going to meet Him. And give good news to the believers.' Ahmed, pull up al Baqara ayat 228."

"Yes, Khan."

"'And they, women, have rights similar to those, of men, over them in kindness, and men are a degree over them.' Ahmed, pull up an Nisa ayat 19," Khan continued.

"Yes, Khan."

"'You who believe! It is not lawful for you to inherit women by force. Nor may you treat them harshly so that you can make off with part of what you have given them unless they commit an act of flagrant indecency. Live together with them correctly and courteously. If you dislike them, it may well be that you dislike something when Allah has placed good in it.' You see, Mr. Greene, Allah does not subjugate woman to abuse of men. In actuality, your statements couldn't be farther from the truth," Khan explained. "Before the advent of Islam, women had no rights at all. In the Arabian Peninsula, daughters were buried alive at birth. When a man died, his son could take his widow as his wife, without her choice. The woman was merely property, something easily discarded when a male had no more use for her. Islam changed all that and elevated woman to the status Allah intended for her. There is no system, set of laws, judicial procedure, legal process, civil code, moral compass, or anything else that you can produce that takes better care of the woman, than what Allah the Mighty, the Majestic, has sent down. So once again, you are taking individual publicized incidents and making them a blanket to cover all Muslims."

"You seem to know the Quran very well," Othello remarked. "That was very enlightening. Funny how you forgot to mention how it tells you to beat them," he snapped.

Othello Greene: The Story Beginsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें