.:14:.

Vic was startled by a neat, yet obnoxious knock on his front door. It was probably so loud because the doorbell did not work and the people outside had realised that. But the main question was: who on Earth would be knocking on his door?

He had no family (that he knew of) and only one friend, Kellin. However the boy knew to call first before coming over, so who could this be?

Vic quickly tore himself away from from his previous activity, which was examining his syringes. However his hands had been shaking so much for the last 30 minutes, after what he saw on TV, that he ended up even poking himself a couple of times and making his fingers bleed. He sucked on them, while moving across the room and tossing the syringes into a password-locked container, which he then shoved behind a bookshelf. He was usually a lot more discreet with the hiding of his weapons, but he could not keep the person outside waiting.

Quickly wiping his eyes, which were puffy from his previous tears, Vic rushed towards the front door, swinging it open only to be met with a sight which slapped him across the face.

Two police officers.

"Mr Johnson?" The taller of the two asked. Vic of course recognised this as the name he was currently using. Obviously he could not keep the same name for all of this time otherwise people would get suspicious. He needed to draw as little attention to himself as possible. Vic Fuentes was long gone.

Vic slowly nodded, "Yes, what's going on?"

"Can we come in?"

"Of course," with a welcoming smile on his face, Vic stepped to the side and let the two officers promenade in. On the outside, he was calm and cool; on the inside, his anxiety bad reached its peak and his thoughts were running wild as if a grenade just blew up in his head.

The officers introduced themselves as Officer Dun and Officer Joseph. Vic had never heard those names before, but it was no shock. After all, you had to be a pretty major criminal to be familiar with the town's police.

The two men, who were nowhere near as intimidating as they should be, moved throughout the house. They gazed around in awe, as Vic lead them through to the dining room. It was probably the safest and least suspicious place, as it contained the least hidden weapons, yet still enough for him to easily defend himself if necessary. Throughout the entire house, you could not walk a step without being a meter away from a gun, at most.

"This is a pretty big place you own," pointed out the same man, Officer Dun. "Do you live alone?"

"Yes," Vic replied simply, guiding them towards the dining room table where they all took seats.

"How can you afford all this? Like, you're only 29. I don't suppose you've won the lottery."

"No," Vic shook his head, biting his lip to stop it from trembling in fear, "I inherited the house, and a pretty large sum of money, from my grandmother, who passed away a couple of years ago."

That seemed believable, right? Vic was using all of his energy into making sure he was not trembling although, even if he was, he would have a good excuse to. Even though he did not particularly enjoy the news broadcast, it could work as a good reason for why he was so shaken up.

A few moments of silence passed, before the talkative officer questioned him further, "What's your occupation?"

"I work at the local hospital. I just started a couple of weeks ago, so I'm quite new to everything and they don't let me do any of the very important jobs yet. I tend to just help out in the ambulance, but I do get an odd job here and there."

"Why did you decide to work? I'm assuming that you have all the money you could ever need to lead a stable life. Why did you want to do this as well?"