.:7:.

Vic waited patiently as the last image took its time to pop out of the printer. This step of his plan was not required, but he decided that it would be easier to interpret everything this way. It was more systematic.

He watched intently as, finally, the large picture of Ryan, one of his team mates, was created after he found it on the team's official website. Vic picked it up and softly pinned it to his wall, along with all of the others, before scribbling down the name "Ryan Ross 18/22" underneath. This way, it would be easier for him to identify who was a problem and who was not, as well as knowing their current age.

The first thing he did was completely cross out the names of those who he was certain would not be a threat. He erased Josh Franceschi and Oliver Sykes, as he learned that the two of them were openly soul mates. Another person who he could cross out was Ray Toro, a man who was slightly older than the rest and married to his soul mate. The last one, of course, was Kellin, who was in a relationship with Austin. His name was crossed out and his picture removed. This left eight people.

Paranoia was eating Vic alive. His hands were constantly trembling at the thought that, with each passing second, he was closer and closer to death. Normal people would live their lives without paying much attention to that concept and they simply went along with it. Vic, however, was as far from normal as it could get.

He knew for a fact that he could not carry out his plan without the help of someone else and there was only one person suitable for the job. So far, Vic could only trust five people: Hayley, Oli, Josh, Ray and Kellin. The obvious choice would be Hayley, as Vic knew her pretty well, however this also meant that he knew her well enough to figure out that she would never help him with this. As paradoxical as it seemed (considering some of the stupid things she had done), Hayley was too down-to-Earth. She could easily tell right from wrong and would always make the politically correct decision. This left only one person, who he had contact with. Kellin.

He was perfect for what Vic had in mind. He was certain that Kellin was not the cause of his current aging, as he already had Austin and a person could not have more than one soulmate at a time (although, if their soulmate were to die, a new reincarnation of that person would be created soon after). Kellin was wild, childish, spontaneous. But, best of all, he was easily manipulatable. Vic, of course, did not think of it in this way. All he viewed this as was harmless persuasion, but he was sure that Kellin would give in. After all, he was just an adventurous kid who knew no better.

***

"Hey, Kellin, you were really good today!" Vic complimented the younger boy, with the largest fake smile on his face, just as practice finished that Saturday. He decided to begrudgingly wait until the weekend in order to properly talk to the chosen man, as he did not want to seem too forward or demanding with his actions. They did, however, text each other during the week.

The team was just entering the changing rooms, after a very long session, as the game season was coming up soon. They played for an hour longer than last week, leaving no time to go to the usual Starbucks or some other place and all of them were heading home. This, if anything, calmed Vic down. He tried to convince himself that the less time he spends around the person who is causing him to age, the less of an effect it will have. This was obviously not true and he was simply being foolish, and false hope was worse than no hope.  He also could not leave the team, as it gave him better access to whoever his problem was. Vic did just as everyone had always told him to: 'keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'.

"Thanks, man! You weren't too bad yourself," Kellin teased playfully, nudging Vic's side. It was clear as day that the Mexican man was now the best player on the team and they all made fun of him for it in the friendly way. At first, everyone thought it was just beginner's luck, but now there was no doubt that Vic was amazing at soccer.