Chapter 3

~A/N~

So I decided I'd stop apologizing for not updating for a while - it's just that school has been keeping me extremely busy and I'm trying my best at finding time to write. I'm sorry, but it's something that I can't help. I hope you understand :) enjoy! xx

*******

"Oh God," I whined quietly as I looked in front of myself; it was pouring. The moment I step out from under the roof, I will be soaked. Not to mention my books and folders. Fucking amazing.

"You know what, I think I'm gonna-"

"No you're not," Louis said simply, cutting me off, and shocking me as he chuckled. Neither him or me had an umbrella, his car was on the other side of the building, and he was laughing? Seriously?

"Come here," He said, unzipping his jacket. I widened my eyes, I knew exactly what he was going to do.

"Oh, no, I'd rather-"

"Not a really good time to hold your pride in your mouth, Lorena," He cut me off again, and this time I frowned at him.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Louis sighed and pulled at the left side of his jacket. "Just swallow it and come here."

I blinked a couple times, and was a bit surprised to find myself in front of him a couple seconds later, as my legs carried me basically without me being aware of it. We stood there in silence for a few moments, before I heard him sigh again and—kind of reluctantly—put his arm around me, the side of his jacket over my head.

"Come on." I followed his instructions, wanting to get to his car and home more than I cared to show. I clutched my books to my chest, seeing the raindrops on them, but not on me as well. I guess Louis was doing a good job.

I was looking down the entire time, feeling like I'd rather get my hair than face wet. I settled with watching our feet, noticing how his shoes were still about six sizes larger than mine. And he still wore red converse. Still kept tucking the shoelaces in, rather than tying them. Still didn't wear any socks. Still wore skinny jeans, except for the first day of work. Clothes-wise, he didn't change at all. I had yet to find out if he was still the same guy I knew in uni; so far, I think he was. And it was kind of sad.

"You alright?" I nonchalantly looked up, catching a glimpse of his eyes before he looked ahead of himself. Even his hair was as messy as he used to be; I came to the conclusion that he was only trying to make an impression on the first day. He was still the same guy.

"Lorena?" When he turned his head to the left to look at me again, I blinked a few times, forgetting that he'd asked me something before.

"Um..." I mumbled, getting a bit lost in his widened eyes. I'd forgotten what a nice shade of blue they were. "Yeah, yeah."

"Okay," He muttered back, a bit unsure as we came to a stop. I finally unglued my eyes from him, and raised my eyebrows when I noticed a very nice looking red Ford, which he was unlocking. Still had the same taste in cars... but I guess that never goes away when you're a guy.

"Are you gonna get in, or?" Even before he'd finished his sentence, I quickly stepped in, and let myself fall onto the seat. I looked around as Louis slammed the door shut, and walked around to get to the driver's side; it was fairly what I've expected. Two air fresheners hanging off the rear-view mirror, some CDs and a couple magazines under the dashboard, a map and iPad on the dashboard. A very organized car, indeed.

"I know, it's not that much," Louis said through a sigh as he sat in. "Probably less than what your future husband drives."

I rolled my eyes; there he goes again. "Seriously though, what does he drive?"