Seventeen

How dare she accuse me of putting Connor above everyone else. Why can't I simply want to be friendly with everyone? Why can't I want everyone to be friends again? Frustrated I storm away from the dorms without going up and pull my phone out as I walk out of the building. "Foster where are you?" I ask as soon as I hear the phone connect. "You sound pissed Vera and I don't want to be on the receiving end of your anger right now. Promise me if we meet up you won't lash out on me? Promise me," he asks without answering me. I pull the phone away and let out a frustrating yell, then put the phone back up to my ear, but before I can answer Foster questions, "Are you good now?" I shake my head at him even though he can't see me and finally answer, "No, but I promise not to lash out at you. Ok now tell me where you are?" Then the phone clicks off. I pull it away and see that he ended the call. What the fuck Foster? Out of anger I end up saying out loud, "Screw Foster. Let him be a little bitch." Then I turn back around ignoring the looks I got from people when I had yelled a minute ago. Except someone is laughing, so I look in front of me to see Foster standing there. "So I'm a little bitch now?" he asks me as he continues to walk towards me. I smile cheaply at him and apologize, "Sorry I promise to now not lash out at you." He rolls his eyes at me and puts his arm around my shoulder while asking, "What will I do with you?" I look up at him and answer right away with, "You'll get me some lunch."

"Ok so now that you have some food, tell me what's wrong with you," Foster voices. I look up at him from my food and state, "Geisel went off on me. I mean like really went off on me. I can't believe she'd have the nerve to say the things she did. It's like she doesn't even get me anymore. Just she wait though I have a lot to say to..." but Foster cuts me off with, "No." I raise my eye brow at him and ask, "No? No what? No that didn't happen?" Foster shakes his head no and takes a bite of his sandwich before answering me. I want to punch him in the face if he takes any longer, but I hold my anger back. "Don't fight back with Geisel. Vera you're pushing everyone away every time you get angry and it needs to stop or else you won't have any of your close friends left," he finally informs me. This time it's me to roll my eyes at him. "It's their fault," is the only thing I say. Foster slaps the table, which causes me to jump from the sound. "Jeez Foster what the fuck?" I ask while trying to not raise my voice. However, Foster doesn't obviously care if he starts yelling, "Don't you dare jeez me. Vera, dammit, control yourself! You're going to look at me directly in the face and say you're not a part of the problem too? That it's just their fault? That's fucking bull shit and you know it. As far as I know you didn't even let Fallon explain himself and yeah I did talk to Fallon, because I needed to hear his side too. Now I don't know what Geisel said, but you can't deny she's made you mad before except every time it happened she has always been right. Vera I won't stand here while you throw everyone who cares for you away, because you can't control your anger. If I continue to be by you I'll just be waiting until the day I say the wrong thing and you decide to leave me too."

A gasp escapes me, but no words come out of my mouth. I'm truly dumbfounded. As much as I hate to admit it, but there's truth behind his words, it's like ever since Connor and I first broke up earlier this semester I've hardened myself and became a lot angrier. "Ok," I finally say. Foster's face finally relaxes and asks, "Ok?" I nod my head and tell him, "Ok I'll work on it." He smiles at me, then continues to eat his lunch. I let out a laugh and shake my head at him, he's a piece of work too. "You drive me nuts too mister," I remark before starting to eat again. He looks up at me with a mouth full of food and gives me a full cheeky smile. I stick my tongue out at him, then we both begin to start to laugh. Except since he had food in his mouth he spat some of it out towards me. I squeal and get up out of my chair quickly. "Foster!" I yell then throw some of my fries at him. Which honestly the whole thing only makes the both of us laugh even more.