Ten

There's only minutes left of the game and the other team has the ball. We're beating them, but if they score we'd tie and have to go into overtime. I watch the ball like a hawk and don't take my eyes off of it. I can tell by the player's body language she's waiting for the opportunity to shoot. Then just like that she does, I throw my body and catch the ball in my hands. And then the time runs out. My team runs up to me and picks me up. "VERA! VERA!" the crowd begins to shout. Once I'm on the ground again I run towards the stands and look for Fallon. He's in the front wearing a huge smile on his face, but he jumps down from the wall and I run to him while wrapping my arms and legs around him. He holds me in his arms and spins me around while telling me, "Congratulations princess, I knew you could do it." I smile at him and give him a kiss on the cheek. He places me down and we walk hand in hand off the field.

"I have you to thank, you're truly my rock," I tell him. A big goofy smile appears on his face and he leans down to whisper into my ear, "Whenever you'd show up for my games, I knew you weren't necessarily there to see me, but your presence alone got me through the game. I knew if you were there cheering I could do anything. So love, I'm happy to find out I'm that for you too." I blush and lean close to him. "Going to the party after?" Sira asks. I look at Fallon and he shrugs while telling me, "Up to you. I'm down with anything as long it's with you." I bite my lip, when he says those things it makes me want to pull him down and plant one on his lips, but I can't find myself to be in a relationship again. I guess deep down I'm scared of getting hurt, even if I know Fallon is not the kind of man Connor is. "Yeah let's go," I finally reply.

We pull up to the house of the party and get out. Fallon rushes to my side and tells me, "Please don't run off away from me like the last time." I laugh while recalling that. I reassure him, "I promise. Besides I don't want any whores hitting on you." He's the one that laughs this time and asks, "Are you marking your territory?" I stick my tongue out at him and answer with, "NO. I just don't want to make you uncomfortable getting hit on by desperate girls. I mean I was the one that brought you here, I'd feel bad if I knew you weren't having a good time." Fallon wraps his arm around my shoulder and whispers in my ear before we enter, "You already know you make my night by being here." I recall to the moment he first told me that, I blush and he places a soft kiss on my cheek. "Ew stop," I hear Liv tell us. "Yeah why don't you guys just grow a pair and already be together. It's like you're both sexually frustrated for each other," Geisel adds. I roll my eyes at her and joke, "How do know what we do behind closed doors?" They both laugh and just walk off deeper into the house.

"Let's get me a drink," I say out loud. Fallon drops his arm around me and grabs my hand to lead the way to the kitchen. "Oh what about this one?" I ask while picking up a pitcher filled with something colorful. "Vera I swear if I weren't here you'd get drugged or even worse get alcohol poisoning. Don't ever drink from that unless you made it, ok? You have no idea what's in that," Fallon replies. I roll my eyes, but secretly want to just kiss him for caring so much. He grabs me a bottle and opens it for me. "Here you go my lady," he tells me with a fake British accent. I laugh and attempt to sound the same with, "Why thank you young fine gentleman." We break out into laughter and I drink the liquid in the bottle. I don't exactly like it, so I chug it. "I didn't like that one. Let's try another," I tell him. He looks at me like I'm crazy and says, "You know you didn't have to drink it if you didn't like it, most people don't." I scoff at that and comment, "I'm not like other people." He laughs and smirks at me while saying, "No Vera Thompson you are indeed not." I smile and grab another bottle with another name on it. I taste this one and it doesn't taste that good either, so I chug that one down too. "Jeez Vera, if you ask for another drink you have to promise to drink it slowly," Fallon demands. I scrunch my nose at him, but nod my head.

I hear a call for anyone to play beer pong and I smile at Fallon. He shakes his head no, but I smile even bigger. "Vera you know I can't play," he tells me. "I want to though," I beg. He sighs and follows me to the table that was set up already. I find Geisel nearby and ask her, "Be my partner?" She gives me a disgusted face, but I beg, "Please Geisel, I've always wanted to play." She tells me, "Fine you better be good though." I smile and go to the end of the table. "Well who do we have here?" I look at the other end of the table and see Hunter smirking at me. I recoil from the memory of me almost having sex with him. He laughs and tells me, "I understand now, you two were together." Hunter glances over to Fallon then back to me. I roll my eyes at him and say, "You're going down Hunter." He glares at me and then responds with, "Bring it on Thompson." He goes first and tosses the ball right into one of my cups. I drink it first. Then his teammate shoots and makes it in. Geisel gives me a look and says, "They're actually good." Then she drinks the cup. We give them back the balls, but this time Hunter's partner misses. I smirk at him and he gives me the same glare. I toss the ball and it goes in a cup. Hunter drinks it and Geisel steps up to take the shot. It goes in making Geisel and I both to scream and give each other a high five. "Not bad Vera," she comments. I take my next shot and again it goes in, but Geisel's doesn't. I give her a reassuring smile, but I know her and she's very competitive. Even over beer pong. Hunter's goes in, his teammate's goes in, this process repeats and I'm beginning to feel very dizzy.

I look behind me to Fallon, there's concern on his face. I give him a smile, but he only returns a forced one. Finally they miss one, but when I step up the cups seem so far away and I can't concentrate on one. I toss the ball, but it hits Hunter in the face. "What the fuck Vera?" he angrily asks. I just shrug and let Geisel go up. It's only one more cup left on our side and I'm going to admit, I've had more to drink than I'm used to. Then just like that, they make it into the last cup. Geisel gets angry saying, "Well that was so stupid!" I laugh and make my way over to Fallon. "Did you have fun?" he asks. I smile and wrap my arms around him. I feel his arms wrap around me too and I reply, "I did, but remind me not to play again." He laughs and kisses the top of my head while saying, "Deal." Then I hear my favorite song on and pull him to the dance floor.

His hands are on my hips and he pulls me real close while I grind against him. The song ends and I frown, Fallon laughs and pulls me off to the side. "Why such the sad look?" he asks with a laugh at the end. I trace my fingers up his shirt and drag them up his neck and jawline. Fallon stiffens and I can hear him take a breath in. "The song ended making me realize I don't have any drink left. Plus I'm super horny," I reply finally. Fallon puts a hand on the small of my back and pulls me very close up against him. "When you say those things to me, you make me want to break my promise that I won't do anything with you until you want to be mine," he tells me seductively. I smirk and find that I've drank so much I've lost count of how many drinks. "Maybe I want you to do something to me, because Fallon I'm already yours," I tell him while dragging my fingers back down his shirt. In seconds his lips are on mine and I wrap my arms around his neck. I allow his tongue to enter in my mouth and I jump into his arms. He places me against the wall, while breaking from my lips to place kisses down my neck and sucking down on spots. I pull his hair to make him bring his mouth to mine again. "I love you so much Fallon," I tell him through kisses. He stops all of a sudden and looks at me. "Do you mean it?" he asks with a serious expression. I don't answer right away, since I'm feeling kind of buzzed. "You're not just messing with me?" he adds. I smile at him and reply, "I really do love you."