Eleven

I wake up in an unfamiliar environment. I sit up, but then there's a pain in my head, obviously I went too fast. Stupid hangovers. I look around and I'm the only one in the room. However, something about the things in here seem familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. I sigh and fall back onto the bed, I'm too tired to think this hard. The door slowly opens and I'm ready to pounce whoever it is, but the door reveals Fallon. Then I remember everything, proclaiming I love him to the hair grabbing make out session. "Oh my god," I whisper. He walks up to me with a tray full of breakfast food, mostly bacon. "How's my hungover princess?" he asks with a laugh at the end. I glare at him, but still take the tray in his hands and place it next to me. He jumps on the bed and pulls me next to him, while leaning against the wall. He strokes my hair and begins to eat some of the food. "Hey!" I yell while slapping his hand away, but immediately regret yelling when I feel the pain in my head. He laughs and asks me, "I made this for the both of us Ver. Did you think all this bacon was yours?" I sit up from his embrace and reply, "I did actually."

He laughs softly and scratches his head. I can tell he wants to say something but afraid to do so, probably from the way I'll react. So I say something first, "I remember everything." He looks up at me in surprise, I smile at the fact that clearly I got it right on what he was going to ask. He grabs my hand and rubs his thumb on my palm. "Everything?" he asks softly. I nod and begin to eat some bacon and eggs, but all of a sudden his arms are wrapping around me and I'm in his lap. I wrap my legs around his waist and he's smiling crazily at me. "Fallon..." I begin to say, but he interrupts me with, "Be my girlfriend Vera." I'm taken by surprise and don't say anything, then I realize it wasn't even a question. "Ask me nicely," I tell him with a seductive smile. "Don't tease me or I'll take you on this bed right now," he says. I look at him and put on a serious expression trying not to smile while saying firmly, "Ask me nicely." He pulls me to where I'm inches from his lips and I can smell his peppermint breath. "Vera I love you more than anything and it would make me the happiest person alive if you'd be my girlfriend. So Vera Thompson, will you be my girl?" he asks me. I smile and put my hands on his cheeks, "Yes Fallon, nothing could make me more happier than to be your so called girl." He laughs and places his lips on top of mine. I take him in and can't get enough of him. He lays down with me still in his arms and I hear a huge crash. I look over to see what it was, then realize it was the bacon. "No! The bacon!" I yell. Fallon places his hand under my chin and turns my face to him. "I'll take you to a café after this, ok?" he tells me before smashing his lips against mine again.

We walk into the café hand in hand. I go to a booth in the corner and he sits down next to me. I smile at him and place a quick kiss on his lips, but he leans in to make it last longer. "What can I get you guys?" the waitress asks us. She looks up from her writing pad and I hear her gasp. "Fallon," she says with shock. I feel him move uncomfortably next to me. I grab his hand underneath the table, not sure how they know each other. He clears his throat and asks, "Bailey how are you?" She just nods, clearly not wanting to reply. "We'll both be taking the breakfast combo," he orders without making eye contact. I raise my eyebrows at him, but he only shakes his head no slightly at me. I look up at Bailey and she's observing the both of us carefully. "You brought a girl for breakfast, like you slept the night with her. Big step up Fallon, let me tell you girl, he'll make you think your special by the way he touches you and kisses you, but he doesn't care for you. I've heard he only loves one girl and he can't have her, besides why would she want him? He's done so many things with different girls. Why would she want to be with someone that's probably slept with her own friends?" she tells me while tears are falling down her face, then she runs away towards the kitchen.

I look over at Fallon and he begins to say, "Vera it's not as bad as she makes it seem..." but I interrupt him with, "Do you lead girls on? You don't even have the audacity to tell them you don't have feelings for them? Or you just want them to think so that way they'll give you head?" There's pain in his eyes. "Vera you know I've been with a lot of girls and those girls knew too," he tells me while placing his hand on my arms, but I brush it off. "Is she right, have you slept with my friends? My best friends?" I ask him. There's a part of me that doesn't want to know, yet there's a part that needs to know. It's like I've shared him with the whole school, even if he loves me. He doesn't respond to my question and I place my hand over my mouth in horror. It can only mean two things, there's either too many girls he's trying to filter through to see if my friends were one or...or he did have sex with one. I push him to let me out while saying, "Move! I'm leaving."

He doesn't move instead tries to calm me down, "Vera please don't leave. We need to talk this through. Just listen to me." I stop moving and ask him coldly, "Fine. What?" He turns toward me and I can tell he's trying to keep calm. "I love you Vera. I love you so much, that is why I think it would be best if we put my past behind us. However if you want to know specifics, you can ask me anything and I'll tell you the truth. I should warn you that I have done a lot of things, but none of it matters to me because I have you," Fallon says with sincerity. I close my eyes briefly and think about what he's saying. "I don't know," I finally tell him. "You don't know?" he asks with confusion. "Yeah you heard me, I don't know how I feel about this. Fallon I believe you when you say that you love me, but I'm not going to lie there's a part of me that's afraid that you'll leave once you realize I won't sleep with you. Fallon I love you, but I don't think I can get hurt again. I can't," I reply while tears slowly fall down my face. He doesn't say anything, instead just gets up and lets me out.

The walk back to my dorm is long, I think I'm lost. I didn't even know where the café was that we went to, it had been somewhere that Fallon knew. Fallon. Tears are falling down and I have to stop from running into something. What am I doing? Running away from just the possibility of getting hurt? It's wrong and Fallon deserves more than that. I turn around and run back to the café. I rush inside and find our booth empty with cash laying on the table. "He left," I hear a girl's voice behind me. I turn and find Bailey standing there. "Oh," is all I get out. "You're her. Aren't you?" Bailey continues with. "The girl he loves. I didn't recognize you at first, but you're Vera," she adds. I nod and tell her, "I suppose that's me." She slightly smiles and tells me, "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said those things. Fallon loves you. Everyone knows that. Don't let me affect your relationship with him." I sigh and sit down in the booth while telling her, "I know he loves me. I'm just scared he'll get bored of me and stop loving me." I hear Bailey laugh softly and I glare up at her. "I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude, but you can't go around being afraid of getting hurt, that's life Vera," she tells me then walks off to another table. I get up and pick my head up, she's right. I'm going to go get my boyfriend back. I leave the café and walk towards Fallon's fraternity house.

_________________________________________________

I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone for reading. "he doesn't know" is really important to me and I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it. So don't be afraid to comment and vote.

Well until next week :)